Chassen
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Chassen
Columbus OH
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  6:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls. I just got a Singer 604 sans operating manual. If you have one lying around (book, of course, not the machine! :) ), or one you'd be willing to lend me so I can copy it, please let me know! I posted in the sewing area too. I'm MORE than willing to send it back, with something extra (fabric, lace, notions, some patterns I have etc).
Thanks!
Joy in All Things,
Chassie

City-bound for now! Looking for my little piece of heaven...

http://gnomefalls.blogspot.com/

Glennora
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Glennora
Birch Run Mi
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  9:16:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi, My Mom was a seamstress from the 40's ON and I used to help her repair sewing machines. I searched for a free manual on line with no luck. But if there is a specific problem. i:e: won't run. I would be happy to try and help.
Yours is an old machine, it's prob. just dirty from sitting and needs to be oiled. If it runs, and you need a threading diagram- I may be able to help also.
SEw On, Glennora, Solid Vision Studio (989) 482-1044
Go to Top of Page

Chassen
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Chassen
Columbus OH
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  6:15:11 PM  Show Profile
I actually found it behind my house-someone was throwing it away!! Table and all! It's in really good shape-it's been VERY well taken care of. I pulled the upper and lower casing off to check it and turned the wheel and everything turns smoothly and there's evidence of oiling, not FRESH, but still well cared for.
My issue...someone cut the power cord, for the copper most likely. I have the piece that goes in the machine and the foot, but no connecting wires. I got estimates of about $50 for a new cord/foot and I checked Ebay, but no luck. If I knew what "voltage" to use, I could repair it easily. The foot says something, but I'm not sure if that's just TO the foot, or for everything.

City-bound for now! Looking for my little piece of heaven...

http://gnomefalls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  05:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Chassen,
I just went out in the garage, because I have an old Singer Sewing Machine sitting out there...not sure which model it is..but inside the little box it has a manual...it was all rolled up with a rubber band that melted on it, so I just lost a couple words..but I will try to make copies of it for you...it's very very fragile...and all rolled up, so I need to flatten it out...but I'll try to work on that...if you want to send me your mailing address...
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  12:10:31 PM  Show Profile
I noticed while copying there are a few pages missing of the manual...however, for the most part it should give you some good tips on how to you it...I think it may be a 606...it's for all of them in the series, but the last couple pages were parts for the 606, I think it said...I'm trying to remember now, as I don't have it in front of me...but I hope this helps!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Singer 604 Manual Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page