Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Random thank yous Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  06:17:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm encouraged by stories others have been sharing, so I will do the same. A few years ago I was returning a shirt to Macy's for my mom. As I started to leave I decided that all the ladies that had helped me had been really great, and I wanted to tell someone, so I turned back and asked for a manager. The poor girls was alarmed, but I said not to worry. When the manager arrived those were the first words out of her mouth too. "Is something wrong?" That right there told me how little we compliment each other, especially those folks working in the service industry. I explained how helpful the ladies had been, and that I really appreciated it. She was bit surprised but I think thankful that someone took the time to praise her people instead of just complain.

So my challenge for all of you is to ask for that manager when a service person does good and give them some praise. Post what you did on here so we can all share.

Laurie

Best Growing

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  06:36:18 AM  Show Profile
When I worked in a store eons ago, some customers did that too. It is always SO nice to be "rewarded" that way. People in retail do the best they can (often, not always ofcourse duh) and it is always nice to be recognized for doing a good job :) When a sales person helps me, is nice or just does more that usaual I always thank them extra, with a smile and a nice work, often makes the day a lot better :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Aug 20 2010 06:37:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Good idea, Laurie! You're right, we don't speak up as often when something is good as when something is not good. This is a good encouragement! Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Such a great thing to do, Laurie! We all get caught up in it and so good to be reminded the power of positive has on everyone! A simple compliment can make or break a day for us!! Thanks for the reminder! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  1:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Such a kind thing to do. A good reminder that it really only takes a few minutes to make a smile for someone's day.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Random thank yous Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page