Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Kind words are like honey...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kind words are like honey... Next Topic  

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  1:12:04 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to leave a little bit of encouragement here. I am so thankful for the friendships I have made here at MJF. These friends are ones that I know I can always count on for encouragement in anything I face. I know that it's here I can come and share my heart, sometimes even sharing things that I wouldn't trust to friends IRL. Know that you all have been SO good and gracious to me. You have seen me at my best and some of my worst and I almost always have received nothing but encouragement and love from you all and that has made me want to stay here all the more.

Just a little word I want to share from Proverbs that is SO IMPORTANT in life, whether you believe the word of God or not, it is truth. Proverbs 16:23-25 says, "Kind words are like honey - sweet to the soul and healthy for the body." Think what the opposite would bring....unkind words would bring bitterness to the soul and bad health to the body. There's also another proverb that says that "the tongue has the power of life and death."

So, that said, I want to thank you all for bringing life when I need it and for speaking encouraging words. This truly is a happy, uplifting place and I pray that it always stays that way. Keep up the good work and remember (another wise saying, not from the Bible but oh so good)... if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  1:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Siobhan for your sweet and thoughtful words. I love reading the psalms and Proverbs. They are so uplifting.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  5:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, that is so true. I love Proverbs. I can always go there and find something I need at that moment. I need to go there right now! I have always said that last line alot. It's so true. I am so glad you feel so at home here. I do too. I have been to other forums but have never felt like I do here. So at home with all my farmgirl sisters. I feel so close to so many of you. I guess I'll be hanging around here for a long time.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  6:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Siobhan for your kind words and for sharing so much with all of us! You are what helps make this such a positive experience for all of us! Your sincere honesty absolutely flows!!! Hugs and prayers to you, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!

Edited by - Lin on Aug 18 2010 6:07:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
AMEN and AMEN!!!

A blessed place indeed!

THANK YOU ALL!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Aug 18 2010 6:33:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  9:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
thankyou for the reminder. i am dealing with two rather difficult people right now and am having trouble always biting my tongue.

http://www.alittlebitofred.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  10:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Corrine, kindness doesn't always mean you have to "bite your tongue". Sometimes difficult people need to hear a bit of honesty, and even though I know that often makes waves, it sometimes resolves issues. Kindness comes in many different forms and I believe that if your heart is good and you are trying to accomplish good, it's okay to speak your message. Hugs, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Oh yes Proverbs! That was so thoughtful of you to post this much needed reminder...Words do hurt and they are never forgotten. We are so good to and for each other. What a Blessing it has been to find you all. At my worst and best I so cherish all my girls for all the kind and encouraging words and prayers. That's what it's all about...Love one another! Amen!

Hugs and Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  01:23:25 AM  Show Profile
I had a boss that told me one time when I was feeling mighty nasty that "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." How right she was.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  04:11:49 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for that uplifting reminder Siobhan. I feel the same way you do about this forum. I have made so many wonderful contacts here. Every day my Farmgirl Sisters are in my thoughts and my conversations. Truely a blessing.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  05:43:47 AM  Show Profile
I have met so many wonderful and helpful people here. I talk about you girls all the time. My DH says it has actually made a difference in my life that he can see since I found the forum. He encourages me to post things that happen and has actually said 'I bet the girls on MJ would have a hayday with that story!' whenever something cute or funny happens! He loves the site as much as I do and will sit with me to read all the posts and make comments for me to add to some of the threads.

This place is a little bit of heaven on earth (Is the internet actually 'on' earth? lol) and it's because of the lovely ladies who are here!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  2:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I like this one also: A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...Prov.17:22 I just love reading all these posts because you all show each other so much love, caring and sharing everything, it meets needs on the deepest levels. hugs!

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  7:51:57 PM  Show Profile
This is such wisdom....love it on these forums also!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  8:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Amen Siobhan! Thank you for all that you add to this wonderful "family"
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

minnie
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

minnie

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  12:51:43 PM  Show Profile
I may be wrong and speaking outa place, but I think someone has spoke ill of you, or someone you care about, if so, just remember to let it go, that makes you the better person, and hopfully that person was misunderstood or is sorry.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  1:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Minnie, I think, Siobhan, just wanted to share this with us. :) She always has such beautiful posts and I think she just wanted to remind us that no matter what happens in real life, we can turn on our computers and find peace and friendship here. We are always here for eachother.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kind words are like honey... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page