Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Help- Oven Fried/baked Chicken Recipe?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Help- Oven Fried/baked Chicken Recipe? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Please share your favorite oven fried chicken recipe! I want to make that for dinner but it's been so long since I made it- I don't remember really how I have done it before.

I don't have any buttermilk on hand, but I do have regular milk, flour, egg, spices etc. I am letting the chicken pieces drain and dry in the fridge right now and a lot of excesss water has already come out so that's good. Now I just need a breading/dredge recipe and what temperature you normally bake at? I was thinking 425?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  3:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I use Lawerys season salt (red cap) or Mortons (blue cap) for the seasoning... That's what mom always used. Season the chicken, flour the chicken.... of course egg will allow more flour to stick (but I do not do that). I also line the pan with foil and "Pam" it, place the chicken in then give the chicken a quick spray over with the "pam" for a crispy texture. Hope that all makes sense. And yes 425 works great... about the last 10 mins flip it so it is crispy on both sides.

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Help- Oven Fried/baked Chicken Recipe? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page