Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Lovin' Fall Giveaway- Congratulations Diane!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lovin' Fall Giveaway- Congratulations Diane!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  6:40:32 PM  Show Profile
There isnt anything I dont LOVE about fall. However I think the fall cooking and decorating is my favorite part of the season. And there is nothing more lovely then the tress when they turn to shades of yellow orange and red.

Oh happy day! Farmgirl sister #1485
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
http://theswappingcrafter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Karen Olson
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Karen
Racine WI
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  9:39:36 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE FALL! Watching the leaves turn colors and deciding which tree is the best, the cool weather and even the rain. Fall is perfect spinning weather so I bring out my wheel and spin on the deck while I listen to the change of the sounds of nature. Did I say that I LOVE FALL!!!!

Karen O.

walkin in the woods!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  04:16:36 AM  Show Profile
I love everything about Autumn. The cooler weather, wearing sweaters, the color, the smells, baking and harvesting. My favorite season.
Thanks Megan for this post and giveaway.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  06:21:51 AM  Show Profile
I agree with all the girls what is there not to love about fall! It to me is the best time of year, crunching leaves under your feet, beautiful colors, cider, more time for tea and bonfires! Oh boy I just can't wait! Thanks for the chance to enter your awesome giveaway! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  10:31:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I love autumn, too! Crisp, cool air; the first hint of chimney smoke tickling your nose; early sunsets against the velvet-black sky; chilly, damp air; hoot owls in the trees; aaaah...bulky sweater weather... Vibrant leaves; apple pickin' in the orchard; candied apples; licorice pipes; warm apple pie; hay rides at the pumpkin patch... Corn stalk mazes; the big, silvery moon; the glow of jack o'lanterns; pumpkin seeds; chewy little Halloween chocolates; spider rings and vampire teeth; the sound of children's squeals and laughter as feet pound through the cruchy wet leaves... Hot chili with cheese and sour cream; Grandma's pot roast bubbling on the stove; snack trays with autumn herb dip; a black-and-gold colored world - it's STEELER time!

Life is good, isn't it? REALLY good. We just have to look around and receive the gifts!

Thank you, Megan! I can't wait for autumn to come!

Hugs to all - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 19 2010 10:38:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  11:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Got you all down!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6675 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6675 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  11:40:15 AM  Show Profile
My favorite time of fall is the rustling of the Aspens leaves as they start to turn colors and the smell of fall in the air. Such a peaceful and serene time for me. I am so happy it is just around the corner here in the mountains and we will be having fires in our wood burning stove very soon.
Hugs,
Debbie#1582

If you are lucky enough to be in the mountains you are lucky enough.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  9:16:47 PM  Show Profile
No mosquitos! I love the crisp smell of the air, sleeping with a window slightly open and a warm blanket, checking out the food in the freezer, the jars of canning and the other vegetables and apples we have harvested and feeling safe and prepared for the winter. Back to school has been a big part of my life, as a student, and then a teacher for all but 7 of my 60 years of life, an exciting time of new beginnings. I love the sights, sounds and smells of fall!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  9:39:09 PM  Show Profile
The Smell!!!!!!! I love the smell of fall! Fall has always been my favorite time of year and everything that goes with it. The smells, sounds, colors, weather, just everything! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!! Can hardly wait!!
Farmgirl Sister Gail #61
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  12:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Fall is definitely my favorite time of the year.
I love the cooler days which come as a much needed relief after a Texas summer ;) .
I enjoy gardening in the fall, planting seeds for cool weather veggies and herbs.
And I love fall baking- the scents of apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom ... yummy.
The colors of fall are gorgeous too- reds, yellows, oranges.

Now I'm really dreaming of fall!
Blessings,
Catherine :)

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl Sister #1801

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

minnie
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

minnie

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  12:39:01 PM  Show Profile
I am new here, so I hope its alright for me to post to your sweet giveaway, I just love Fall, its such a beautiful time here, all the beautiful colors and love them kiddys in costume for Halloween, and then theres Thanksgiven, and I get to cook for friends, relatives and people in need.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  10:33:26 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhh Fall. I love the color scheme, cooler weather, sweaters, cider, soups&stews, and....mmmmmm....the smells. And is it me or is that Fall sun just easier on the eyes and preeeetier?/! lol

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  10:55:46 AM  Show Profile
I love fall...it is my favorite time of year..Not sure if it is going to be cool or a little warm. But always beautiful leaves and of course FOOTBALL!!!
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  12:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Everyone's down! Minnie, of course it's okay for you to sign up!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Fall in NE is when the leaves change colors, yellows, oranges, and brown shades, they blow in the wind. Halloween and Thanksgiving is fall, with the same colors. Harvest time with pumpkins, gourds, and squash.
Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  12:58:01 PM  Show Profile
Growing up in Illinois I was always surrounded by seasons and even as a kid loved to do the leaves and walk around in the woods. Passed that love of outdoors and nature to my kids. Then I moved to Texas, Houston....sorry ladies from Texas....but that was miserable. No seasons, I didnt miss the snow as much as I thought I would but I really missed fall. I have just as many fall house decorations as I do Christmas....well almost and I love the smell of fall to the point I use it year round in my house. Now I am in Minnesota and have FALL again and am counting the days right now.

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  6:24:18 PM  Show Profile
I love fall....absolutely, handsdown my favorite time of the year. First of all, here in Florida, hurrincane season is winding down......hopefully. I too grew up in Illinois, and I love the colors, the cooler temps, and here in north Florida, our whole winter is like one long fall.....yea!!!

I love fires in the fireplace. deep reds and yellows and oranges that are in the decorations, hot soups, sitting on the porch finally without heat and humidity and biting bugs, and I could go on and on.....hurry up fall!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

geraniumlady
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Donna
Mt. Home Texas
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  6:24:41 PM  Show Profile

Fall brings cooler days and that makes everythings so much nicer. It also brings the wonder of whether or not my fall garden will beat the first killing frost.

Geranium Lady

Self talk...Keep your eyes on your own paper.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9409 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9409 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:35:37 AM  Show Profile
I know I am late for the giveaway but I thought I'd add the things I like about Fall. It is my most favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather of course, and the tang in the air from leaves and smoke from the woodstoves hanging in the air. We always come in announcing when someone has started up their woodstove. LOL! So we know it is time. ;)
Also love the cider and apples and pumpkins. Really enjoy getting out my fall decorations too!

farmgirl sister#43
"All you need is faith, trust and......a little bit of pixie dust" ~Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
my favorite part of Fall is the smell of the air, acorns, the leaves changing color and when they drop, they sound they make as you walk on them, pumpkins, gourds.....God I love New England in the fall..........

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.....

Farmgirl Sister # 1507

www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingWiccan
http://stores.ebay.com/Something-Wiccan-Buffalo-Carvings
www.somethingwiccanwares.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Got everyone down! I will post the winner later!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
ok! Can't wait!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Gardner
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

DeEtte
Oak Harbor WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  12:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Love to knit new sweaters. Also love the crisp fall air in the morning. The beautiful colors are great, if you live where you can see them!

Dee
Go to Top of Page

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  1:00:41 PM  Show Profile
I love the crispness of fall...not too cold, not too hot...just right, as Goldilocks would say. I love the harvest, the canning, the preparations for Christmas. To me, fall is the utmost in seasons. I just love it!

Farmgirl Sister #1191
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  6:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY Diane!! So happy for you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lovin' Fall Giveaway- Congratulations Diane!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page