Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 New Farmgirl Chapter (Bothell, WA)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic New Farmgirl Chapter (Bothell, WA) Next Topic  

okfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Vicki
Bothell WA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  10:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group and wasn't able to find a Farmgirls Chapter in my neck of the woods so I created one. I first learned of Mary Jane by watching a story about her on Northwest Backroads. I Loved, Loved, Loved what I saw, from her test kitchen to her wall tent and everything in between! When I learned that she had a book out, I snatched it up, that left me wanting more, so I scoured her website and learned all that I could. The website led me here and I formed a new chapter. The rest as they say is history!

I live on a small farm on the outskirts of Seattle. The farm is my haven and I can't wait to come home to it at the end of each day. The property has a creek that winds its way through it. There are two gardens, one is full sun and the other is partial shade. We also have two orchards with apples, pears, cherries, plums & grapes and a variety of flowers along with a lavender garden. This spring we planted corn, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins and sunflowers. Its a lot of work, but its good work and we thoroughly enjoy it!

We have 2 rabbits, 1 chicken, 2 cats and 1 Border Collie named Arya. Arya is a year old and she is learning to compete in agility & she is learning to herd sheep and we are having a blast watching her learn! Sometimes you can actually see the crank turn in her mind as she "gets" something that she has been taught.

I wanted to start a new group so that I could meet new friends and learn new things. I am a very positive person and I am open to learning all sorts of new things and I'd like to share what I know with others. I'd really like to learn to sew and I'd like to teach others what I know about photography & scrapbooking. Overall, I wanted to start a Farmgirl Chapter where we could make new friends, learn new things and share what we already know with others. One of the responsibilites that I was given when I created the chapter was to give the chapter a name; I chose the name Bicycles, Bonnets, Buckets & Bees.

If all of this sounds like fun and you would like to be a part of Bicycles, Bonnets, Buckets & Bees we'd love to have you join us!Please follow these steps to get in contact with me and sign up:

1. Log on to maryjanesfarm.com
2. Click on the circle that reads; "Connect with other Farmgirls"
3. Click on the circle that reads; "How to start your very own Farmgirl Chapter"
4. Click on "Chapter Search"
5. Select Washington
6. Click Search
7. Click on the letter "B"
8. Click on Bothell
9. Click "Contact this chapter"
10. Fill out the form
11. Click "Send".

I look forward to hearing from you and learning more about you!

Vicki

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  08:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Vicki - This just sounds like so much fun - our chapter here in central Utah is very small - just 3 of us - and it started with just one, as I said in another post, I think. You have so many great ideas - Enjoy! And - I think the name is really cute - good job!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic New Farmgirl Chapter (Bothell, WA) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page