Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Looking to barter for a quilt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking to barter for a quilt Next Topic  

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  07:45:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm in the market for a quilt - something in the colors of red, cream, black or brown, - pretty much anything except blue, pink, purple. I want to hang it in my foyer, so it doesn't have to be all that big. It also doesn't have to be in perfect shape as long as there is a "good side" I can display.

In exchange, I have some red depression glassware, vintage fabric and bias tape, 1920s advertising for Real Silk hosiery (gorgeous graphics), a beautiful satin and lace plus size wedding dress with a train, and I can embroider or crochet (if you have something in mind).

Interested? Let's chat.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly,
Oh I wish I had what you are looking for! You have some wonderful goodies to swap! I have a black/soft white or muslin colored/little yellow/tiny bit of red quilt. Back is muslin. BUT, it isn't completely handmade. Came from an auction but I believe it is store bought. It is hand quilted though. Full size. the yellow is more of a sunflower yellow and that is what makes the petals of the flowers that are in each block. There are 2 different block designs used in the top and 20 blocks make up this quilt. The center of the flowers are where you see the red (a small floral print) and a tiny little bit of red scattered on the petals. If you would be interested I can try to send you a picture of it. It is in excellent shape. It is a pieced top and 10 of the blocks have machine appliqued flowers. The other 10 blocks I have had it for about 10-12years. I LOVE quilts!! Well, that is my only one that would be close, and it is big. It is pretty too! Hope you can find exactly what you need!
Farmgirl Sister, Gail #61

Edited by - Grammygail on Aug 09 2010 09:24:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:22:22 AM  Show Profile
Gail, I'd love to see a photo. Handmade isn't that important for this quilt since it will be hanging high on a wall. It sounds like it might just be the ticket. :-)

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  5:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh I do hope so!!!!!!!! It wouldn't be hard to make a smaller wall hanging out of it. I will try to get a picture to you soon! My daughter will be here tomorrow and I will get her to help me send it to you on your e-mail!
Whoo Hoo.......hope you like it! I have so many quilts that have alot of meaning to me from my Grandmother and some other family members and some that I have done. I won't part with anything unless it is to someone that will enjoy it as much as I have! Hope it works!
Gail FG Sister #61
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking to barter for a quilt Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page