Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic dirtbikes on our farm Next Topic  

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,
Well...my husband bought 2 dirtbikes today...one for each of the boys. They are thrilled. Now maybe my summer will be a little less busy with my boys being bored. They already have a circle around our meadows for their race track. DH made them stay on the outside edge due to the fact that he is getting ready to cut hay. We are going to the stock sale on Saturday to buy more goats..hopefully I will find my daughters a couple of good horses while I'm there. That will thrill the girls. And...our house in town sold. It went under contract on Monday. Yeah for us. I was so worried about making 2 mortgage payments. Well thats all for now. Thanks for listening, and god bless you all.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile
My son (25) has two four wheelers and has a path through our field (but we don't cut hay...) I also moved into the place I have now before my house that I had been living in was sold and DID make two mortgage payments. I had to rent the house in Malone, and had some really horrible tenants.....I am SOOOOO glad that it sold.......whew for me!!! Horses? Oh, I would love to get a horse..........but I know nothing about them and fear of getting one and not taking care of it the right way............

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  10:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Oh, you're making me "homesick"! LOL My brother had a track around our field and meadow and even took our loader and dumped dirt to make ramps for his 4wheelers and dirt bikes. Also, I'm missing my horses!!! (Not to mention that I lived in WV for 5 years and would love to get back up there for a visit....cost of living is soooo much better there!!! We rented a 4 bedroom farmhouse on 2 acres, surrounded by hay field, pasture, two mountains, a creek and a river....with horses and cattle (not ours) for $300 a month! Now we're living in "FL suburbia" and if we paid $300 a month for rent, we'd live in a shack!

Have fun!!!

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  07:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
My guys also have dirtbikes. We have a trail that goes around the the property. It helps keep a clean edge to our property line, especially where it meets the neighboring crop land. It really does help keep my son busy over the summer. How ironic this conversation came up now. We are currently debating purchasing our son another bike. He has outgrown the one we have. I just got through crunching numbers to see if it fit in our budget. It might be tight for a month, especially with property taxes and insurance all do this month. I am just really nervous about spending the extra money right at this time. DH and I have gone round and round on this subject for several weeks. I think I have lost the battle. However, I did get some leverage to use with our son. If we do purchase the bike he will have to work off some of the cost with extra chores over the summer. It does keep them busy and has become a common hobbie for my husband, son, brother-in-law, and all the cousins. As a matter of fact we are taking off Friday evening for a long weekend in Georgia. The boys will spend much of their time riding my BIL's many acres of trails. While the girls relax around the pool and take in some shopping, and girl talk.

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic dirtbikes on our farm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page