Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Eczema Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  07:34:49 AM  Show Profile
There have been several topics covering eczema asking how to help control it. I even posted questions. Well I finally broke down and went to the nutritionist and as many of us had discussed it is allergy related. Now after 2 plus month of removing those foods that aggravate me my eczema is gone. I still have some dry skin, but then I live in the high desert at 6000 feet. It is such a relief. I no longer have to buy a bottle of lotion a week.

Past discussion included milk products and I do have a mild intolerance to that, but it was other foods I never would have guessed that really made a difference.

So if you have eczema, mine was inflamed, I recommend getting checked. It's a simple blood test and I am taking some supplements to balance my gut bacteria, but we are working on getting me off all that too.

I know how miserable it can be and spent many evening curled trying not to scratch. If someone had told me years ago it was so simple, I'd have jumped on it, but I don't like doctors so procrastinated. So for those of you still searching he's an idea. Good luck.

Laurie

Best Growing

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  07:00:17 AM  Show Profile
Yay, I'm glad you feel better!!!
Thanls for sharing ideas that might help the next person. I love that aspect of these forums!
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  06:57:05 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to check back in on this. Since this post I had a few flare ups, that dang sugar. I do love those chai's from Starbucks. Well I had to kick them out for a bit as my body was reacting to the yeast in it.
Since the beginning of Dec, I haven't had a single outbreak. I have a little winter dry skin is dry, but I discovered I have an imbalance with water between the inside and outside of my cells, so I drink a lot of water. I never thought I'd be rid of the exzema. It was a long process and boy at times was I frustrated.
It really shows how your body can be affected by what you eat.

Best health to all
Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  9:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Let's face it...eczema sucks. I am self-diagnosed, but I KNOW that I have nummular eczema. I used to be super allergic to cats and rabbits and wool, as in: runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes to the point of insanity. But, oddly enough, after my pregnancies, that is no longer so, BUT I developed the eczema. So, I guess I internalized my allergies (???). Just my hypothesis. Maybe one day I'll get an allergen test. Good advice! I can manage it for now with good moisturizer after bathing, but it still sucks that it will break out if I forget to rub in some lotion!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com

Edited by - msdoolittle on Jan 06 2011 9:31:27 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Eczema Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page