Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Need opinion about text for a blog
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need opinion about text for a blog Next Topic  

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Could you take a minute and read this sample of the text I'd like to use in my new blog. Interspersed with recipes, sewing, homesteading, crafts etc. Is it interesting enough to want to read? Or does it drone on and on too much? Any feedback would be appreciated.

(Names have not been changed to protect the innocent...lol)

Sure is a nice day out today compared to what it has been? (105 Heat Index). Hot weather and I don't get along very well these days.I've been staying up real late since this heat wave started, so I can get my housework done in the cooler temperatures. I didn't go to bed this morning until 4:30 am. Thought about staying up to watch the sunrise, but didn't. I'm getting alot done around the house with the bathroom/lauundry room remodeling and I'm working hard on my latest quilt project. The house is so quiet when everyone is in bed that late at night and the frogs and Catydids are soothing to the soul.

I did 1 & 1/4 miles on my treadmill in 21 minutes the other day and now I'm paying for it. Every joint and muscle in my body is aching.

Two weeks from today, I should have my "new and improved smile". This hermit lifestyle I've been living, while my mouth is healing, is getting old. I'm going back to work on the 17th and haven't gotten nearly as much done as I wanted to. Life just got in the way. Though, I did manage to make a couple of new outfits to wear back to work. I lost a few pounds, got a haircut and dyed it dark brown, let my fingernails grow out and now they are nicely manicured. I have to wear gardening gloves, (which is something I've never done) if I want them to stay nice. Makes my hands look graceful somehow.. I like that.
The excitement is building, getting Ian ready to go to off to college. Ian's roomate & best friend Dusty have asked me to help them move into their dormroom and get them organized. How sweet. I said I'd do it for them once and after that, they are on their own. They'll have Air Conditioning, small fridge and a microwave, 2 closets, 2 beds that can be bunked if they want, 2 desks, and 2 chairs already in their room. I told them they need to put all their clothes in one closet and since they are not so far from home, they can get new clothes whenever they need them. Then turn the other closet into a mini kitchen with lots of "good" snacks and stuff and then they can hide their stash when they have company. I'm sure if a dorm building full of guys knew they had snacks they'd always have company. They are both doing a 14 Flex Meal Plan that gives them two meals a day, 7 days a week. There are about a dozen eating establishments that they can get their meals from. It costs about $10,500.00 a year for his room and meals. For crying-out-loud, you could buy a small country for that! It's time for the last baby bird to leave the nest and a new chapter starts for me.
My train trip to Rhode Island is in October and that will be here before you know it. I know, it will be on the Amtrak not the Orient Express, but I've never taken a trip on a train before and now I have my chance. My nephew is getting married and my brother has promised a night out including fresh Lobster. I'm sure there will be lots of stories to tell about it. We'll have a 5 hour layover in Washington, D.C. Union Station has 130 shops in it so I'm sure we can manage to find something to do. And how wonderful I get to spend an uninterupted week with my mom. She'll be 78 soon and I have make some more memories with her while I can....

Better get back to work.....woman's work is never done.
Really enjoyed the full moon and fireflies last night

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  1:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Wow, all I can say is wow, loved it, and if something is not well written, and interesting to me in the first few sentences, I'm done, and this kept my interest to the end, and I would be very interested in reading your blog on a somewhat regular basis, as time allows, so I say...WRITE ON GIRL

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  6:17:05 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I liked it too! The one thing I can say that might help is to use more paragraphs, break it up better. For some reason, my eyes don't follow a 'thick' paragraph, going from one end of a line down to the other. I tend to get lost and either reread a line or totally lose my place. Hope this helps!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need opinion about text for a blog Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page