rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  09:37:41 AM  Show Profile
Okay, the wind is blowing, it's a warm day - perfect for hanging laundry outside - and it's even laundry day! But wait, what's that stuff all over the patio? Oh, yeah, it's that red desert dust that comes up every time the wind blows in from the south. There'll be no outside hanging today! If I do, all my clothes will need washing again in 5 minutes! We were in the desert this weekend and our white car is covered in red dust! Sometimes, okay, lots of times, I just want to live where it's normal and there are more than two seasons (under 60 degrees and over 100 degrees). My standard of clean has completely gone to rot here in the desert! I feel like I live in a soddy house sometimes.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  09:54:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I live in northern New York state and we just simply are having the worst spring ever!! For the last two weeks (at least) it has been doing nothing but raining, raining, raining. although we haven't gotten as much as new england...........so I suppose I shouldn't complain. But I am so sick of this weather!! I want WARMTH!!! So there, we can whine together!! Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  10:43:40 AM  Show Profile
I am not hanging my clothes out today either. It is nice and windy, but we have these little round white seed things from the elm trees blowing in the wind..it stacks up in drifts I swear~! and it is everywhere. Washed my car Saturday and it is awful already..so...maybe tomorrow. I am hoping the windy day will get it all blown off the trees and then it will be normal out again!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Just whining and pining! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page