Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  10:57:17 AM  Show Profile
well gal friends, I having been fusing plastic bags....making shopping bags, waste baskets. I am now making mittens out of sweaters to give to the homeless.

MY QUESTION TO YOU ALL....WHAT TO DO WITH LONG EVENING GOWNS???Didn't mean to yell. I have some gowns that I was going to try and do a fashion show with......no they can't be sized down fo me to fit into....one is a beautiful creme colored wedding dress. Any ideas.......or brides to be welcome.....I am open to ideas.
The wedding dress is all pleated----would make some beautifully elegantly simple evenig bags....if I just had the know how.
Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  06:32:00 AM  Show Profile
I made several cupcake pedestals for my oldest daughter's beach wedding 2 years ago. I still use these for gatherings, parties, or when I want to display something.

From my local Thrift Store: I bought glass plates and glass candle holders on the cheap (under .75 cents each) and used E6000 to glue together and viola! A Cupcake Pedestal!

Sorry, not a great photo of the repurposed items, but Hey, I also made the cupcakes.

~miles of smiles~
Peg Graham
http://unforgettable-peggraham.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Peg Graham on Jan 02 2013 06:33:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  06:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Peg,
Great idea! You can sorta see the plates and cupcakes are cute and look yummy!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sandylee
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

sandy
sunset south carolina
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  5:44:38 PM  Show Profile
I love reading all of your ideas on repurposing! I have never tried felting, but I will be looking for those wool sweaters! I think it is so exciting to find something that someone is tired of and make it into something new , and best of all not have to pay alot for it.
Right now I am on the lookout for a lampshade that I am going to wrap with strips of fabric knotted together, I saw a picture of one and I think it will be great for a punched tin lamp that I bought at the local flea market that had no shade.

"You don't need alot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold."
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  07:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Wow Peg very cute idea and who doesn't like cupcakes!

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  07:41:37 AM  Show Profile
Gowns: I don't know if this will help, but when I got married, I wanted to somehow use my mother's wedding dress. No way would I fit into it, and even if I could, it was nearly 50 years old, and not in the best shape. However, she was happy to hear I wanted to use it, and allowed me to cut it up. From the satin underneath, I made our ring pillow, and cut and hemmed strips of it to wrap all our bouquets of flowers with. From the crinolin, I made the little rice (well it wasn't rice, but little sugar hearts) bags and tied them with ribbon. I think I even made my garter from parts of the dress. I wore her veil's headpiece as a sort of tiara since I didn't have a veil myself. So, my mother's dress was a big part of my wedding in many small ways. My sisters were bridesmaids, so the ribbon on thier boquets was from Mom's dress too, and made for a doubly special keep sake.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Repurposing Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page