coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  1:42:27 PM  Show Profile
As the summer chugs along, I find myself thinking about, well, summer things. There's my garden, which didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, in spite of "heirloom" seeds. My flower beds have been rather "lazy" this year. I'm SURE it hasn't been me and my occasional hit and miss watering sessions. The dear little bird friends I have made seem to be ever grateful when I refill their feeders, which have gone a few days longer than normal on "empty."
I made plans in the early spring to do certain things that have just not been accomplished. I promised myself I would spend more time outside working, but I just had to try that new Hunter's Star quilt pattern, and one block was so lonely that I made a wall quilt top. I'll finish it in the fall. Then there was the dish towel patterns from my MJF book. You know the ones, they are applique veggies doing "human" things. Well, my great niece is getting married, so I made a set for her. Then I knew she would need crochet dish rags to go with them. As you can see, summer is, for me, about the same as the other seasons......here, there, and everywhere. I love it. I could have forced myself to do better with that garden, but, that's what farmer's markets are for, right? I am proud of the accomplishments I have made thus far, and curious as to what the rest of the season has in store for me!!

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  3:34:22 PM  Show Profile
Whew! you have been a busy woman Melody! I planned on a garden this year but it didn't happen due to various things.
I "try" to keep up with the bird feeders but I know they are in need right now. With it being Summer it is not so bad because I know they find seeds. I love the pattern you chose for the dish towels. Would love to see a photo of your quilt. Sounds lovely!
I have been working part time for the last 3 yrs and ever since then it seems I don't get the time I need to do the quilts and handwork anymore. Though I can do up quick projects.

farmgirl sister#43
"All you need is faith, trust and......a little bit of pixie dust" ~Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  4:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow! You are right, one busy woman. Because of the move, we weren't able to plant a garden this year, but I am having fun frequenting the Farmers Markets.Aren't the dishtowel patterns too cute!? I'm dying to try them, but having a little trouble finding those pesky tea towels around here. :)
I just started my pillowcase for the swap and have a few odds and ends things like finishing my curtains and making napkins and such to keep me busy. Summer is my favorite season with Spring running a close second :)
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  06:47:39 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe school starts in about 3 more weeks. I am kind of glad though. No more babysitting!! Yee haw!! Maybe I can get some things done.

But we have not gone anywhere this whole summer yet. I am planning on taking our camper to a lake and let whoever wants to come and stay with the grands, They need to be able to do something. And there is swimming and a few other things to do. I think they will enjoy that. Then this fall I want to go to Fall Creek Falls and camp. With the camper though. Haven't been there in years and it's practically in our back yard. I don't want to go now because there are probably too many creepy crawly things. I'll wait til they go back underground.

Anyway, sounds like you have been a busy lady. You sound like me. I'll start something and that leads to something else. I have lots of plans for when I am finally free. I love my grands but good grief! I am too old for all this. I like my time. I love being alone. I will probably miss them but I can't imagine that right now.

SO have a good summer, what's left of it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Summer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page