coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  1:16:35 PM  Show Profile
As the summer chugs along, I find myself thinking about, well, summer things. There's my garden, which didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, in spite of "heirloom" seeds. My flower beds have been rather "lazy" this year. I'm SURE it hasn't been me and my occasional hit and miss watering sessions. The dear little bird friends I have made seem to be ever grateful when I refill their feeders, which have gone a few days longer than normal on "empty."
I made plans in the early spring to do certain things that have just not been accomplished. I promised myself I would spend more time outside working, but I just had to try that new Hunter's Star quilt pattern, and one block was so lonely that I made a wall quilt top. I'll finish it in the fall. Then there was the dish towel patterns from my MJF book. You know the ones, they are applique veggies doing "human" things. Well, my great niece is getting married, so I made a set for her. Then I knew she would need crochet dish rags to go with them. As you can see, summer is, for me, about the same as the other seasons......here, there, and everywhere. I love it. I could have forced myself to do better with that garden, but, that's what farmer's markets are for, right? I am proud of the accomplishments I have made thus far, and curious as to what the rest of the season has in store for me!!

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  08:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Melody--I hear both pleasure and disappointment in your post. Oh the plans we have while we wait for summer, but it doesn't ever turn out exactly as we thought it might, does it? Here in the northeast, I know that I plan way too much for my summer because it is too short. I didn't do everything yet that I had hoped, and I know that I won't. I, too, found extra activities and, well, darn it...I just had to do them!! My garden is only half full but my cup is overflowing....it has been a summer well spent and I will enjoy every last minute of it!!

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

brandyanne
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Debra

81 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Melody- the summer is way too short! I have done better wirh my garden this year- and have been enjoying ny veggies immensely!
Enjoy what you have done! The rest like you said can be gotten at Farmer's Markets!
Deb

10& Off all Ready Made Tutus @

http://fairiesflowersandfireflys.blogspot.com

Christmas in July @

http://pilgrimsandpioneersprimitives.blogspot.com

http://oldesaltboxscents.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  5:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Melody what a lovely summer you are having, mine is about the same, had all those
grand plans for a great garden that only got half done, but you know what I am happy
with what I have accomplished, and I am already mulching and planning for next year.
There are always other things calling my name and I like all you girls wish for
more time to do them.
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Summer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page