Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed Next Topic
Page: of 9

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  10:11:11 AM  Show Profile
ROFLOL - Liz, I TOTALLY forgot that I had sent you some of those peanut butter kisses! I wasn't going to let you know I had found any, because I still treasure the bags you sent me. Literally, I haven't seen any around here for the last two years. Of all places, I found then at Walgreens! They also had the caramel apple candy corn. So, I now have a stock of kisses I can nibble on through the winter. All is good! That is how much I love the little buggers.

I did make the pumpkin, it was knitted and then felted. The felting didn't go so easily, and it took days to dry out - that was the major hold out for not sending sooner! But I really like the final product, and guess I just need to experiment more with felting.

Glad you like everything, this was a real fun swap to do and you were a great partner!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  5:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, was the pumpkin hard to knit? I do knit, but nothing to difficult, maybe you could forward the pattern to me?
I have to share something with you, as I my son and I were munching on the candy corn, I kept thinking , wow this tastes like green apple, then my son said Mom, these taste like apple then carmel and I said wow these are carmel apple candy corn! anyhow they are yummy.
Thanks again.
Liz
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  9:45:21 PM  Show Profile
Liz, here's the pumpkin pattern, it's online free at knitty.com:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTpumpkins.html
The knitting is real easy. I don't have a machine I can felt in so I tried to do it by hand, that may have been my problem. First time it hit the water, it all stretched out of shape and I had trouble controlling the shape LOL. But the knitting is easy peasy!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, thank you for the wonderful goodies! I love them all. The bear is adorable and I'm going to hang the garland up on my mantle right now. The ghost will keep the bear company and the goodie bag will be perfect for my son to use on Halloween.

Thank you!!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  4:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly,
so glad you liked everything !!!
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  4:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Well, since I haven't heard from anyone saying they didn't receive their goodies by now, I'm going to call this swap officially awesome and complete. If anyone didn't get their goodies, please let me know. Folks that contacted me before, did you get your things?

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page