Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed Next Topic
Page: of 9

DanaAnn25
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Dana
Hammonton(Blueberry Capital of the world) New Jersey
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  04:08:42 AM  Show Profile
I Love Halloween so count me in!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary,
pretty, silly, etc.) I always wanted to be something scary, but my mom always used to say " You are a girl you have to be something pretty"

2) My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus!

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features
hand carved pumpkins, hay bails, scarecrows, black lights, etc.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ALL CANDY!!

5) True, I like to make Halloween crafts. I am a teacher so I usually bring in crafts for the students to make.

Living off the Land
http://danaannsblog.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  07:51:51 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be part of this exchange. My Mom or Grandma made our costumes when we where children. Nothing too scary, a gypsy or ballerina. My favorite movie is Its a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I like to decorate with pumpkins and scarecrows. My grandchildren have a log cabin in the back. We fill the loft with pumpkins and their light makes for a spooky enough glow. We have a party under the maple tree. They put a stuffed Miss Fiona (a great children's book about an old lady who serves pumpkin pie on Halloween night.) and Nana always serves pumpkin pie at the party. We love the M&M and Reeses peanut butter cups wrapped in fall colors. And we make all sorts of fall crafts, that we use to decorate year after year.

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be a part of this one. Fall and Halloween is my favorite time of year!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? I always made my own or had hand me downs. I wore a clown costume that my mom wore as a child, my favorite costume ever was a pumpkin.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is The House on Haunted Hill (the old one with Vincent Price) or Hocus Pocus.

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features lots of primitive style. Crows and pumpkins.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is those peanut butter kiss things that come in the orange and black wrappers. Yum!

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. Very true, actually I have already started. I like to make signs, knit pumkpins, and needle felt all sorts of different things.
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  5:19:52 PM  Show Profile
I would be happy to take two...one for me and one for Ashley, my daughter.

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, fun! I love fall/Halloween!

Count me in. Here's my answers:

If you'd like to participate, please respond and give your answers to the following:

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)silly and scary: witch, raggedy ann, bride of frankenstein

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________.
Does Twilight Saga count? It's vampires...really like that right now. I ALWAYS watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" on Halloween, even before I had my daughter! LOL
3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___Lots of pumpkins! LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkins. Fall scented candles. Cute, retro-looking Halloween decorations.
4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and candy corn
5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.) True. I made a foam "Spooky House" last year my neighbor gave me. She thought it was too hard. It came out cute. I like crafts, and will try anything that isn't too hard or involved. :)

Can't wait to do this swap! Great idea!!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  07:16:20 AM  Show Profile
I would love, love, love to do this swap!! Count me in!
Fall is my favorite time of year, and Halloween is my 3rd favorite holiday..after Christmas and Thanksgiving!!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.) They were almost always homemade.. princess leia, raggedy ann.. until that one year I begged for that horrible plastic barbie mask!! I can still feel the condensation on my face from breathing!!!

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!! I have Jammies to match!

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.). I love to decorate with pumpkins, and gourds. I have a halloween village, and LOVE vintage looking decorations.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. Chocolate-alone, or covering something..

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)True! I usually do projects with the kids, but I have sewn pumpkins and ghosts. I also make paper mache pumpkins and cats.

I'm so excited!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  08:00:11 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to be in on this!

If you'd like to participate, please respond and give your answers to the following:

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)
All kinds....most years they were homemade. I've probably been a witch more than any other character.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________. Disney's Halloween Town

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.).
I don't do a LOT of decorating, but what I do includes lots of pumpkins, cornstalks, and scaraecrows.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. Indian Corn!!! Toasted Pumpkin seeds

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)
TRUE - pillowcases, embroidered kitchen towels, aprons

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:52:26 AM  Show Profile
I would like to join in in the fun,
My mom would make our costumes, she had great ideas.
My favorite Halloween treat would be candy corn or the pumpkins, pure sugar
I love to decorate with the witches and pumkins, I enjoy making the decorations to decorate with, I make a lot of paper deorations and my mom's birthday is on halloween so I always make something for her.
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  1:09:54 PM  Show Profile
1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)whatever we could make up. My favorite was a gypsy costume that I had. I still love to dress up. Last time I did, I donned my leathers and went as a biker chick!

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________. Young Frankenstein

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.). Yes, Yes, Yes, all kinds of fall stuff - not much scary stuff. I love to carve pumpkins

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. Rice Krispy Treats

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.) True. Wall decorations, little quilted things, ornaments

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  2:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I'm in for sure!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)
Pretty and silly

2) My favorite Halloween movie is: The Bride of Frankenstein. Actually any campy horror movie from 1940-1950's.

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features: pumpkins, skeletons, vampires.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is candy (candy corn, sour candy), vintage images.

5) I like to make Halloween crafts. I can embroider, make wreaths (check out my monster wreath on my flickr), maybe a shadow box

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  8:02:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I am new and this is my first post, so please bear with me! I'm not sure exactly how this works, but it sounds so much fun, and I would love to participate, if you'll have me! Can't wait to "meet" you all and get to know you better! - Jeannie

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? Storybook Characters - my favorite was Little Miss Muffet!

2) My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus - DEFINITELY - Hocus Pocus!!

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features pumpkins and witches and scarecrows - oh my!

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is candied apples and Snickers bars.

5) I like to make Halloween crafts. True! My favorites are baby jars that I decorate to look like Halloween characters using felt, glue & pom pom balls and then fill with candy treats! (I do the same for Christmas - adorable elves!) Also - don't know if any of you remember from when we were kids, but I make the yarn scarecrows wrapped around Lifesavor candy rolls - so cute! I also help my friend paint pumpkins for her craft store whenever I can - just for fun, though! My "Buzz Lightyear" was a huge hit!
Go to Top of Page

purtygirl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jennifer
East Fultonham Ohio
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  05:03:21 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to be a part of this. count me in.

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)-I wore alot of homemade costumes- I went as brides and clowns and hobos just to name a few.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually feature pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, and hubbies freakish monsters- My hubby is a Halloween decorating fool.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is chocolate .

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)I make lots of primitive type crafts mostly sewn such as dolls, pumpkins, witches hats and crows.

JenW!

JenW!~
http://purtygirlmusings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  11:04:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm in!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? I never went trick-or-treating as a child :D

2) My favorite Halloween movie is haven't ever watched one!

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features pumpkins and fall type things.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is I don't really have one, but I like chocolate :)

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. True - I like to do needlepoints that are fall themed and little scarecrows, fall centre pieces etc.
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  08:16:55 AM  Show Profile
I want to play too!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.) Usually a vampire.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus.

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ Lots of pumkins, monsters and witches.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is caramel apples and candy corn mixed with peanuts. It tastes like a salted nut roll.

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. True, I like to make all sorts of things. Little fabric pumpkins. whatevere comes to mind.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  08:21:27 AM  Show Profile
Oooooh! Robin! I'm going to try that candy corn mixed with peanuts! I have never heard of that before! Well... there goes what's left of the hips... LOL! Thanks for a great idea! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  08:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I love that candy corn mix. Soooo good!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:11:18 AM  Show Profile
OK, so I answered the questions, but never officially said to sign me up LOL!! Please sign me up as a participant in the swap, too.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mtngirljon

OK, so I answered the questions, but never officially said to sign me up LOL!! Please sign me up as a participant in the swap, too.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

You got it! I'll be posting partners on the 15th.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:24:17 AM  Show Profile
OK...I am In! I love Halloween!

SILLY
2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________.
FRANKENSTEIN or Vampire Movies
3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.).
PUMPKINS, BLACK CROWS, SCARECROWS, FALL FLOWERS

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ___________.
CARMEL APPLES WITH NUTS & CANDY CORN
5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)
TRUE! USUALLY PLASTIC CANVAS SOMETHING

THIS SHOULD BE FUN! THANKS!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 09 2010 09:33:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:29:04 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad to see another Washingtonian in the swap! Battle Ground isn't so very far from Puyallup. :-)

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  10:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...I tried to email you and it didn't work for some reason...but can you give a bit more details
on suggestions for the goodie-bag? Kind of what you had in mind when you thought of the idea.

Thanks and you are right we aren't so very far from each other!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  10:38:56 AM  Show Profile
Well, the ideas for the goodie bag can really be anything that says "Halloween" to you and would match up with the answers your partner gave. For example, if your partner doesn't like scary movies or really loves chocolate, you could take that into account. If your partner is into crafts, maybe putting together a little kit for them (making a pincushion, a softy, a washcloth, etc.). You could include a favorite autumn recipe, mulling spices, Halloween candles, a cute pin or earrings, whatever sounds fun! Feel free to trade more information with your partner to get a good idea of what she likes best.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  11:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Cherrypie
I just send you an email. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  12:01:15 PM  Show Profile
I would love to participate.
I dressed up and still do as funny things. Went as a sack of garbage wore big black trash bag stuffed with batting. hung old pieces of lettuce, carrots and other trash on it put a big rubber rat on my shoulder right by a piece of food and kept a bulb in my hand that made the rat jump when people got close. Black leggings & tennis shoes, Granny Goodwitch, Raggedy Ann, etc. Always homemade from whatever I have.
I decorate my home with pumpkins,my grandkids and I make handkerchief ghosts with smiling faces, sweet witches, etc. Nothing really scary. Lots of fall leaves etc.
I don't know of any halloween movies
The soft peanut butter candies wrapped in orange and black paper are my favorite but I like most anything.
I make little cloth bags with ribbon draw strings and put faces on them to look like jack-o-lanterns and fill them with candy, I have made wooden tic tac toe games and made the pieces out of wood also in the shape of little pumpkins, cats, etc., Hard candy suckers made in halloween shapes, make peanut butter sandwiches, grilled cheese, etc and cut out moons, jack-0-lantern faces, etc on them and also make and decorate cookies.

Life is full of special surprises
Go to Top of Page

toad
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

jody
delta utah
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  3:22:04 PM  Show Profile
HI,
Please sign me up. I am new to this farm girl forum.
I would love to join in the Halloween goodie bag.
It may take me a little to get the jest of the program, but if you can bear with me I will try to learn as fast as I can.
Childhood costume I remember the most was Raggy Ann and Andy.I didn't like scary ones.
My favorite movie is Nightmare before Christmas. I have watched it so many times. Love it.
I decorate with bugs and spiders and cute pumpkins.
Favorite halloween treat is peanute butter cups and crispy treats. Also hard kinds of candy such as nerds or spree anything fun.
I am not crafty but I love to do cards and stamping up. I like novelty decorations , candles and weird candy dishes.

This will be so much fun.
toad
Happy Halloween.

"There is always a smile behind a tear."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page