Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed Next Topic
Page: of 9

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  07:53:54 AM  Show Profile
Partners: Below are the partners for the swap. Please contact your partner within five days to confirm that you are still in the swap. If anyone hasn't heard from their partner by August 21 or if anyone decides by then that they can't do the swap, please send me a message and I'll do a reassignment. IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR NAME ON THE PARTNER LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.

Please remember that we have a $20 limit (approximately) on the swap, not including postage, and that your goodie bag needs to be sent by September 20, 2010. If anyone has any questions about that, please let me know. Thank you all and have fun!!!

Beth Jones is partnered with vintagesaver
chick-chick is partnered with urbanchickie
Cherrypie is partnered with treelady
danaann25 is partnered with texdane
duckgirlmass** is partnered with Star-schipp
fiddlehead farm is partnered with rigardengirl
futters** is partnered with Pumpkinvine & krisspinster
Cherrypie is partnered with pnickols
jillskane is partnered with pegsmiles
kittykill is partnered with ninbini**
laurentany is partnered with mtngirljon
lin is partnered with morning
marcy is partnered with mommyswanson
mollymaude is partnered with joyfulmelodies
onecraftybugger is partnered with delicia
purtygirl is partnered with debtea2
roxy7 is partnered with debp
teresaj25 is partnered with 4hmom
turtlemoon is partnered with woolgirl
ninibini is also partnerned with Dianaw1123

August 21 *Note: partners have been reassigned for any who didn't communicate with their swap partner. The list is now finalized.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like to participate, please respond and give your answers to the following:

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________.

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.).

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________.

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher

Edited by - CherryPie on Sep 01 2010 07:53:22 AM

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  08:01:49 AM  Show Profile
I'm in.

My answers:

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.) I usually went as a witch or black cat, but not super scary.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is the Nightmare Before Christmas.

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.). Pumpkins and vintage looking witches and ghosts.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. Chocolate - all kinds. :-)

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.) True: I like embroidery, small crochet items, making little pillows for the sofa with Halloween material, projects I can completely fairly quickly.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  08:51:11 AM  Show Profile
I Love Halloween and am definitely in...
1. We made our own and I was a hobo, princess, mother, lady in pajamas, anything in our house that we could make ourselves.

2. My favorite Halloween Movie is Hocus Pocus.

3. We do a grave yard in our front yard with tombstones, caskets with skeletons, smoke machine, inside I have the dept 56 Halloween houses, pumpkins, gords, fall leaves, needle point pieces that I have made, kitchen towels, etc...

4. My favorite Halloween treat is beef stew made on Halloween night. I love to eat this before trick or treating. I have to say though I really, really, love carmel apples.

5. True. I love to make embroidery things and needlepoint pieces.

delicia
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:23:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm in. We homemade our costumes...no scary or witchy things..
I love the movie, Nightmare before Christmas and the Winnie the Pooh Halloween movie...(I know, I'm a child at heart and I taught first grade, what can I say???)
I decorate with pumpkins and happy fallish things, scarecrows, crows,
I love candy corn and the pumpkin shaped candy that tastes like candy corn. Caramels aren't bad either!
I love to sew and craft...I have a Halloween Pincushion swap on MJF now if any would like to sign up. I am not a knitter :(..nor do I crochet well enough to swap with folks. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

pumpkinvine
True Blue Farmgirl

179 Posts

Amy

USA
179 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:31:41 AM  Show Profile
Count me in too!

1) all kinds...pretty, scary, silly....whatever we could come up with!
2) It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
3) I decorate with quilts, pumpkins, my miniature Halloween village.....I have A LOT of Halloween decorations
4) cupcakes, sweetarts
5) quilts

Amy from Lompoc
Farmgirl Sister #119
http://www.pumpkincupcake.blogspot.com

Edited by - pumpkinvine on Aug 10 2010 7:18:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  12:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Okay, this sounds like alot of fun!! Count me in!!

1. I wore whatever costume we could come up with at home, but not scary....I didn't like scary!
2. Favorite Halloween movie is "Nightmare Before Christmas"
3. I decorate with quilts, vintage jack-o-lanterns, witches, ghosts and black cats, pumpkins, Fall and gourdes.
4. Chocolate!!! And Candy corn too!
5. Sewing, quilts, repurposing fabric and vintage embroidery.

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  7:39:16 PM  Show Profile
i want in too i love halloween
1. a little witch
2. favorite movies HALLOWEEN I, II III..FRIDAY THE 13TH..ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTIEN..
3. cobbwebs pumpkins scary decor
4. Reeses peanut butter cups, M&Ms
5. true...sewing crafting knitting pumpkin carving
blessing all hallows eve

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  8:07:19 PM  Show Profile
K, add me in! This is my favorite holiday and the whole family agrees!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)Silly, they were always handmade..a box of crayolas, minnie mouse...

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________. Practical Magic and Hocus Pocus

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.). All earthy rustic items with a witchy twist, authentic gothic witch.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. a seriously good covered apple, you know caramel, peanut butter, choc and fruit!

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)yes, almost all crafts. Quilt, knit, embroidery, cross stitch, felt, spin....

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

Morning
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Laura
Albuquerque NM
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  8:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, this sounds like fun. I would like join in too!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? I was usually an angel but I always wanted to be something more adventurous like a pirate!

2) My favorite Halloween movie is It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and a few slasher flicks too.

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features: all of the above

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treats are caramel apples and candy (except candy corn and tootsie rolls hate them)

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.) True I like to cross stitch, crochet, quilt, and sew. (Although, I'm still a beginner at quilting) Forgot to add scrapbooking and I am interested in card making.

Edited by - Morning on Jul 22 2010 06:05:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chassen
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Chassen
Columbus OH
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  06:56:59 AM  Show Profile
What a fun Swap! I'm in!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)
I was usually a Disney Princess. Or a witch. :)

The Witches

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.).
Orange lights, pumpkins, cornstalks, spiderwebs. :)

Reese Cup!

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.)
Love Halloween crafts! I cross stitch pictures and trinkets :)

City-bound for now! Looking for my little piece of heaven...
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  4:24:55 PM  Show Profile
Love Halloween
Decorate with leaves and scarecrows, pumpkins
Wore a ghost costume or a cat
Movie is old movies like dracula or frankenstein
Treat would be candy corn or anything chocolate or caramel apples
I usually go to a fall craft show and buy cute crafts

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  5:55:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodie, I Love Halloween and this sounds like a blast!
1. As a child being from Salem Mass witches were always a favorite choice. My grandmother use to sew all of our halloween costumes, and they were passed down from one sibbling to the next. I only wish I still had my favorite witch costume which she had sew giant yellow starts and moons on.
2. My favorite halloween movie: The ledgen of sleepy hollow
3.When decorating the house we usually go with giant light up pumpkins and gourds with a lot of natural vines such as bittersweet, leafs, acorns, fall sented candles(made in USA only) and mums. We also but a large siloute of a witch stirring a caldrin in one of the upper bedroom windows which is back lit, always a favorite of the neighborhood kids.
4.My favorite halloween treat would be anything chocolate or carmel apples.. However we make apple dumplings as a special halloween treat and those are pretty high on the list also!
5.True, I do crafting for halloween, but it just depends on what strikes me at the time. Usually do a lot of fall wreaths, paint fall water color paintings, gather alot of plants to dry and make them into arrangements.

Oh happy day! Farmgirl sister #1485
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
http://theswappingcrafter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  5:56:53 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to say I am in.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  6:48:47 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to join!

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.) Homemade ones like a clown, hobo, old lady, witch.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is__________. Hocus Pocus & Rolie Polie Olie's spooky ooky halloween

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.). Lots of pumpkins, witches & vintage items

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. I'm allergic to nuts so I love candy corn & caramel apples.

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.) true. I like to make cards & paper crafts but last year I actually needle felted a pumpkin!

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  05:10:07 AM  Show Profile
I want to join also:
) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary, pretty, silly, etc.)
Always handmade and usually had to wear a coat over it while trick or treating in WI.

Hocus Pocus

I made this giant black furry spider and hang her in a big (12 X 12) web that I wove out of macrame cord, I hang it from a front eave of my house. It's not too scary, I have some crows that I spread around amongst a bunch of pumpkins, gourds and potted fall flowers. I also put corn shucks around my flagpole.

pumpkin donuts and hot cider.

I love fall decorating, I usually make some new decoration to add to my collection.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  06:17:32 AM  Show Profile
I would like in on this one

halloween costumes that I remember were hobo, Indian princess, cowgirl
Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus
I decorate with my collection of Scarecrows and pumpkins
Halloween treat is those candy pumpkins (like candy corn)
I like making crafts- just about anything

thanks
Patricia
Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  07:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
Count me in also ! this is my favorite holiday~

1) as a child I wore all kinds of costumes my mother made, nothing really scary

2) My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus or Halloween

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features fall leaves,gourds, herbs, witches, ravens, pumpkins and scarecrows

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is a caramel apple

5) cross stitch, pillows, witches, brooms, throws

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.....

Farmgirl Sister # 1507

www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingWiccan
http://stores.ebay.com/Something-Wiccan-Buffalo-Carvings
www.somethingwiccanwares.com
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  08:59:21 AM  Show Profile
Count me in please!

1) Halloween costumes - I wore Fun and Pretty costumes.

2) I don't really have a favorite Halloween movie, really.

3) Decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, anything fun and creative. I'd love to get my hands on some medium sized ravens or crows and a glass cloche in order to decorate with. I also L.O.V.E. anything glittery.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is Twizzlers. (I'm not a real candy or chocolate kinda girl.)

5) I L.O.V.E. to make Halloween crafts. I like to paper craft, do embroidery, basically anything fun and simple or quick to make.

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Futters on Jul 22 2010 2:54:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile
I will like to try this.
1) I only participate one halloween when I was young. I was a clown...easy to put together. I wanted to be a ghost...hahaha.

2) casper, adam family, friday the 13th...I know there is more but can't think now...

3) pumpkins, ghost, tombstone, tree (black) without leaves...oops forgot spiders & web

4) laffy taffy, reese's peanut butter cups, peanut m&m,...

5) Depending...sometimes I make paper or fabric/felt garland but usually i buy.

Edited by - njaw09 on Jul 22 2010 11:15:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

girlfriday
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jessica
Dallas TX
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  1:02:38 PM  Show Profile
I love halloween crafts!

1) I was always some sort of princess...even Princess Diana a couple of times!

2) My favorite Halloween movie is Nightmare Before Christmas

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features lots of glittery halloween stuff, and nightmare before christmas stuff. That way some of it can stay through Christmas!

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is caramel apples with nuts. Yum.

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. True. I love to make glittery stuff. Last year I completely covered some little cardboard houses with glitter, and I will add to them every year to make my own little village!

Proud Farmgirl Sister #1727!
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  2:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessica (girlfriday)! I wanna see some pics of your glittery decorations. I L.O.V.E. glittery. Please share!!!! I would love to see what you have so far for a village.

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  3:05:53 PM  Show Profile
By the way, if anyone decides they are willing to have two partners - in case we have an odd number of participants - please let me know that as well.

This is going to be fun!!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  4:10:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm in! Finally caught up in all my swapping and need another fix LOL.
1. My costumes as a kid were all over the place. Wore a colonial outfit my gramma made a few times, was a gypsy and a pirate and a ghoul and a witch and a princess. Even as a kid In had eclectic tastes lol.
2. My fav Halloween movie is the original Halloween.
3. My decorations through October are more all purpose autumn/Halloween, with pumpkins and cute witches, etc. But I like to get scarier for Halloween proper. I love making my evil witch laugh right before opening the door to trick and treaters - it's a laugh I have perfected through the years and gets 'em in the mood.
4. My fav Halloween treats are those old timey peanut butter kisses, sort of a taffy thing with a glob of peanut butter in the center. It has gotten real hard to find those in recent years, so if I do find them I grab them right up.
5. I love making almost all crafts and Halloween ones are no exception. I have made cards, party favors, toiletries and edibles specifically for Halloween but I also knit, crochet, tat, embroider, sew, quilt, bead, and am starting to spin.

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

girlfriday
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jessica
Dallas TX
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  8:54:12 PM  Show Profile
I will when I get it all out of storage for the fall. :-)

Proud Farmgirl Sister #1727!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  09:42:21 AM  Show Profile
This post has been on my mind for days...sooo, I am so in!
Thanks for putting this together for us. This is going to be so fun.

1) What kind of Halloween costumes did you wear as a child? (scary,
pretty, silly, etc.) All kinds! Ghosts, witches, cats, fairies and many different costumes in between.

2) My favorite Halloween movie is_________. The Haunted Mansion

3) When I decorate my house for Halloween, it usually features___________ (pumpkins, scarecrows, witches, etc.). Witches, ghosts, pumpkins, anything cute or scary.

4) My favorite kind of Halloween treat is ____________. Anything chocolate! I basically love all candy so you really can't go wrong with me.

5) (True or False) I like to make Halloween crafts. (If true, please tell what kind of crafts you make.) Very true! I love to sew, make cute things from clay and all sorts of other things, such as knitting and crochet.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  12:33:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm in on this one!
costume: anything we could scrape up around the house, usually involved old clothes and make-up
decor:scarecrow,pumpkins and gourds fall leaves crows
movie: none really
treat:caramel apples,popcorn balls, candy corn
make:outside decorations, would like to make little pillows for porch chairs and house
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Halloween Goodie Bag Swap - Swap closed Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page