Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  6:43:07 PM  Show Profile
So are there any world travelers in the house?

A friend years ago gifted me with a bottle of Xilkan vanilla from Mexico. And ever since then, I have been spoiled rotten and am down to the last 2 teaspoons from a bottle my folks brought back 3 years ago.

If you have ever used vanilla from other countries, especially Mexico, you know how good and rich it is!

If anyone is planning a vacation in the future, I would pay any price PLUS shipping for another bottle of this glorious stuff. ok up to 60.00 US

E-bay doesn't have it and I have come up bust using other internet search ingines

And for anyone else who might be interested, read labels and AVOID an additive in the cheaper brands called coumarine. According to internet sources, this has been banned in the US USDA and is an ingredient in rat poision!

And, another option may be that I pay a visit to some of the Spanish deli places in town. There has been an incredible influx of Mexicans inthe area....suits me fine 'cause I LOVE real Mexican food, but I just cannot speak it to get my question across. I do however have a good friend who is part Mexican though. Maybe her mother has a source somewhere in California

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  9:50:04 PM  Show Profile
Here's an online source for you at mexicanvanilla.com : http://www.mexicanvanilla.com/products/traditional-mexican-vanilla-16-7-oz?ref=vurve&kw=vanilla%20xilkan&gclid=CNidvLem-aICFRpZiAodKi5yjA Happy Baking!

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  03:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks a bunch! I had seen this site and glossed over it. May have to give it a try!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Mexican vanilla Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page