Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 gifts received from 7th round of secret sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 7th round of secret sisters Next Topic
Page: of 8

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  1:48:18 PM  Show Profile
hi SS, got a great card from you today. You asked if i had gotten a package from you, i must be posting in the wrong places here! Lol, i love the wonderful package and cards,thank you sooo much! :) I have been a bit down the last few days since dropping daughter off at college, so something nice in the mail is a plus! Thanks again so much!

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  1:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness...my mailbox was filled with a big WONDERFUL PKG. from my Secret Sister today!! Talk about Fun...I felt like it was my birthday or something and it's not!

I got Susan Branch...Stamps! How did you know I loved Susan Branch??? I am so tickled with those. In fact I was going to her website today to order something else from her. Do you have a camera in my house?? LOL Then I got some Gardner's Soap that smells wonderful and has
pumice in it...so that will be awesome when I come in from the Garden. Then...you won't believe this but she sent me a stitchery Needlepoint Angel...that I swear must be a match to another one I have hanging in my Kitchen. But my other one is a JOY Angel and this one looks maybe a little more Christmasie but they will both hang together year round. I remember saying I liked angels on my list but I don't remember saying anything about Susan Branch. Also, I got a hand Crocheted Little Pretty that looks like it might be a wash cloth but is much too beautiful for that...so I put it under one of my small plants for a doily! Looks Beautiful there! And I got a lovely short letter from her! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
I feel ROYALLY SPOILED! But loven every minute of it. Thanks so much for brightening my week!
Hugs and Loves Right Back At You,
Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2010 2:02:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  3:41:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm 8 weeks pregnant and woke this morning to immediate morning sickness. I decided to take a nap to see if I'd feel any better in a couple of hours. Not only did I feel better when I woke, I also had an amazing package waiting for me. I couldn't believe it: After I'd pull out one thing, another was right behind it. It was like I was pulling things out of a magic hat or something! Thank you so much Secret Sister! I love the hemp bracelet (Absolutely my color!). The trivet fits so nicely in my kitchen. I have some lavender to put in the vintage hankie sachet. I'm so excited to use it! Oh, the bag, I think I'll use it as my project bag. I love how sturdy and wide the handles are! And...oh my, the beautiful hand dyed cloth. The minute I saw it I knew exactly what I'd do with it: I've been weaving a large piece of wool cloth on my barn loom to make myself a large messenger bag. I'm going to cut a large bluebird (my favorite bird) shape from the cloth and applique it to the bag while needle felting a branch across the bag for the bird to sit on. Thank you so much for inspiring me! You're the BEST!!!!

One more thing, (Yes, I told you it was like sticking my hand into a magic top hat LOL) The mixed media memory album/ journal will come in very handy as I've just embarked on most likely the biggest journey of my life. I'll use it wot write special moments of the pregnancy down for baby. It's just the right size to fit into the memory box we have. Thanks again!

God bless you!
Angie

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  4:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Package from my SS today. I was feeling rather dejected today and it really made it better. She sent me a cute notepad (with little pink rhinestones), a tiny organic gardening encyclopedia, and the most adorable mini photo album. It it more like a bunch of frames bound together. Thank you. I really needed it. Oh, and a beautiful fall card to go with it. Another one to keep for making a bag with.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,
Thank you for the lovely teacup hotpad. It is beautiful and I needed a new one. I look forward to trying the tea you sent and will think of you as I drink it. It was nice to come home from my first day in the classroom with kiddos to a surprise for me. You are a wonderful secret sister.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

CindyLous
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Cindy
Keizer OR
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SS. I love the plague and the doily. I was home not feeling well, and I'm tired of not feeling well. To get a surprise from you and a ROAK in the same day. Wow I feel special.
Thanks,
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  12:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Angie...Congratulations on the Baby! That's the Best Gift Ever!
Hope you don't suffer terribly with morning sickness.
Sounds like your Secret Sis was good to you! It is so nice to
be thought about and get something out of the blue...to brighten
your day.

Congrats...
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  08:40:27 AM  Show Profile
To my beautiful SS in MI, I received your package and I love my new T-Shirt, I wear it proudly! I believe as much as I enjoy the gifts you send I enjoy your notes more. Sharing your life with me and making mine happier, I look forward to going to the mailbox. I look forward to finding out who you are. Have a beautiful week sweet secret and I know I will be hearing from you again soon.

Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  04:55:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh Secret Sister your the BEST!!!
Received your wonderful surprise package yesterday. . . oh my gosh!
How you knew I need scrap pads of paper is mind blowing. . .it was on my shopping list for this week! The votive holders with the sunflowers along with the tea lights are in use in my living room right now. The "screen saver" I placed onto my lampshade, adds a nice touch to my lamp where I sit to do my hand sewing. . . received many compliments on it already.The apron is so beautiful, I love the colors. . they are truely me!! Your card sits on my desk as a reminder of your generosity and caring that has gone into everything you have done for me!!
Thank you so much!!

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com

Edited by - JojoNH on Aug 25 2010 04:58:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Deb P
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Deborah
Leawood KS
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  05:26:37 AM  Show Profile
I came home from a short trip out of town and found a lovely card, a note and a nice needlowrk kit from my SS. It was so thoughtful of you and made coming home even nicer. Stitching the tulips in the kit will remind me of spring when it's cold this winter. Thank you for brightening my day.
Deb P

"Do something creative every day".
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  3:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sweet Secret Sister and Daughter! I received your lovely note today, I really enjoy hearing about what you are up to. Can't wait to find out who you are Your sweet daughter made me the cutest "Scotty" dog! What a talented young lady she is. Give her a big "thank you" hug from me please! I have it hanging in my kitchen in it's new home. She will go to the camper, when we go out on our next trip. It will match all my red/white and black Scotty's already in my Scotty Hilander camper.
Big Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  3:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
My dear SS I am sorry I did not post I have had allot going on from hubby losing his job to his step dad passing away and school starting so I am SOOOOOOOOOO Sorry I received a wonder package from you on Friday 8-20 that has a cookie press and a doily that has yellow and purple trim and I love it and to top it all of a article of Jan Brett who is a children's author that I love thanks so much for the Tea and the wonderful card you are awesome at make those!!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

shelbyc
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

shannon
murdale british columbia
Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  2:08:01 PM  Show Profile
I got a postcard from my secret sister, then a couple weeks later a parcel. Such a great package of goodies! A sweet smelling hot pad, a pretty green towel, matching napkins and note pad all with a wilderness theme. Thank you so much, I can't wait to meet you!
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  2:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Hey Sue sign me up for next SS or just post here when the time will be we should be back from all our travels by then Thanks. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Chassen
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Chassen
Columbus OH
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  2:38:23 PM  Show Profile
oh ty so much my dear SS! I love the doilies and the rooste cards are going to be used almost immediately. I can't wait for the box you are hinting at!
thank you again!
with love,
chassie

City-bound for now! Looking for my little piece of heaven...

http://gnomefalls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  2:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness - wow - I got a realy great gift from my Secret Sister in today's mail. She cross stitched the sweetest little
framed "Welcome Friends" (sampler) with two Scotty dogs on it for our Scotty Camper - it is sooooooooo cute. The black and white ribbon really adds to it. All done it red/white and black - perfect! Boy do I wish I could use capital letters! lol!!! You really know how to make this farmgirl happy! You sure did brighten my day!
I will hang it in our little Scotty for all to see!
Hugs,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Calicobear
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Lori
Mansfield Ohio
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  8:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Got a cool handmade card from my SS in today's mail!! Thanks for the special hug & thoughts.........means so much to have you thinkin' of me! :)

Hugs & Smiles!!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  7:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,
Thank you so much for the beautiful pocket calendar. It is so me. The pictures are just beautiful. It was so thoughtful of you and I love the little picture you draw in your notes. It makes me smile. Thanks for brightening my day.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

reereebee
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Marie
Clark WY
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile
To my sweet Secret Sister,
I received the envelope you sent this past Friday. It had been a "not so fantastic" work week and just seeing the comic strip stamps you used for postage made me smile before I could open the letter.
When I did get to the inside, the purple, purple everywhere just made my day! I love purple. I have already put the bookmark to use in a book I just requested from Paperback Swap. The dainty little hankie is so perfect, I can't quite decide where to use it. I know I'll find the perfect place soon.
Thank you so much for thinking of me and your timing was amazing. I look forward to finding out who you are

--Marie--
Farmgirl Sister #1627
www.reereebee.etsy.com

“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else” - J.M. BARRIE, Novelist

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  06:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,
I received your sweet letter on Saturday, which was fantastic! I was quite excited and it was wonderful to hear from you! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Don't stress out about the timing! I've been through long bouts of morning sickness with all 3 of my pregnancies! I know how yucky it can be! Take Care dear Secret Sister!
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  12:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

I received your package today! Oh my! What sweet goodies you have spoiled me with! I love the tea ball and herbal tea! I've always wanted a tea ball! The hand towel and napkins are so sweet and I can hardly wait to have some toast with that yummy jelly! Thank you! I feel ready for an afternoon tea! :) You're the best!!!

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  4:21:47 PM  Show Profile
My Dear Secret Sister,

Thank you doesn't seem enough to express how grateful I am for the awesome package I received in the mail today. You actually brought tears to my eyes with your kindness. A beautiful box full of treasures - herbal tea, dish towel, napkin, picture, stickers, magnet, wall hanging. I love them all.

Thank you again. You are awesome!!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  06:41:17 AM  Show Profile
bump
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Remember to post when you receive a mailing of some sort, your secret sister counts on seeing your posting, this lets them know you have received their mailing!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  08:22:19 AM  Show Profile
Finally getting on here to share what I have received !!
I was having major computer problems crashed on me and
lost EVERYTHING on there. got it back up and problems again
OH well.. hope am on track now!!!.
THANKS to my secret sister for the wonderful gifts !!
I got some really nice fabric squares for quilting which actually happen to coordinate really well with some fabric another sister sent in a barter we did. will be fun to get a project going one day with it. also just got a box yesterday of nice goodies. Was some wonderful old antique sewing items still in containers...
and old buttons still on the card backing!! and my favorite color!
I am going to fix up a way to frame them they are so neat! I have some old hankerchiefs that were my granny's and great grandmothers framed I think these will look good beside those close to my old
metal head singer sewing machine.. which is what I sew with! and love the not sure what you call those things.. the plant crusher. ?
My old one I had used for years had a accident and this was wonderful. I use it with some herbal formulas sometimes. and the handmade items are wonderful. will find a usefor sure with them.
I have to ask my secret sister...
WHERE did you find the farm animal fabric ????
I would love to get some of that for a apron! that would be geat to wear on petting zoo jobs!! actually would like to get enough to make a shirt too. it is fantastic! they dont have anything close to that at the fabric store by us.
love the candles and holders. I was having a really rough day yesterday and when the package came was such fun!!!
Teresa
kangaroo kate
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 7th round of secret sisters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page