Beach Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg VA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bonnie~

So glad you like it! This was fun and I look forward to doing the next one.

Vanessa

Farmgirl-by-the-Sea
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  12:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Kim in NC,

Send me an email with your mailing address and we'll get you added to the list!

Happy Wednesday!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  05:34:32 AM  Show Profile
Is there any way to join the list. I'd love to give it a try! Thanks
-Megan
www.birthingthemother.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  05:40:37 AM  Show Profile
Megan,
You sure can, let me warn you I think this may be addicting! E-mail Meg at the address right above your post. Give her your name and addy and screen name.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  1:04:37 PM  Show Profile
I been sued

I received the warmest fantasticismo art from Poppy's mom (((Suzy)))
Loved the boots! all cows live in a uttersuccessful girlfriend frame on my desk! Poppy is in a pink boa frame to match Mona.

Thank you (((Sue N))) most be God's quenching touch in the blessed Missouri water that pours two dearhearts like yourselves out to my doorstep! I could drink you both up for surprising me!

Thank you ((beachbuddyTina)) for the cheery postcard!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  12:39:36 PM  Show Profile
Meg, I would like to try again. I am not sure if I am on the list any more. It has been over a year since I received any mail art and I gave up sending it as it had become so time consuming. One a month to a different girl on the list would be fun.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  11:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Eileen,

I would love to add you to the list! I just received a valentine from Suzy and just LOVE it. It is such fun! Just send along your address (megan@maryjanesfarm.org). I've already sent the February list, so we'll add you for March!

Have a great weekend!

ps. Suzy thanks so much for the fabulous mail art!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  2:27:12 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by climbergirl

Some of you may have heard of the phenomenon of mail art.

Recently, I've been cleaning out the bedroom I grew up in and have come across bundles of letters I received as a child. They're from girls I met at summer gymnastics camp, college friends and boxes of tightly folded back-and-forth notes passed in the halls of high school. Some of the bundles have found their way back to the writers. Others, I'm still searching for the long lost writers!

My point is, I miss receiving mail! I'd love to swap mail art with some like-minded people.

The cool thing about mail art is that you don't have to think up one-liners to send to a complete stranger. And it's not as committed as a pen pal. All you have to do is decorate a post card (or scrap of cardboard and call it a postcard) or an envelope and send it off. Found objects, bits of blurry photos you were going to toss when you purged your photo box, your best friend's favorite saying - the sky is the limit.

Anyone interested in giving this a try, email me your address and I'll send you my address.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  2:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I am new to this...posting things, computers, all of it. I love mail, I never get fun mail, and I think this is fabulous. What a great idea. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to be on this list? I used to be an artist, well, I still am. I have 7 kids and my world is theirs, so my art is different now, but refreshing sometimes. Anyway my point is that I once wanted to make greeting cards for real people and I never really followed up so I have all kinds of things I could send to all of you and it would be oh so fun for me to let them fly away to all of you. And, I would love to get a mailbox full of fun mail. if anyone can give me very simple very specific instruction how to do this I would love it. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  2:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Alright, I think I just figured it all out. I sent all my info to Meg. We will see if I did it right. I cannot wait to send everyone something... I like big jobs.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  2:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jessica,

I would love to add you to the list! At the start of each month I send an updated list with suggestions on what mail art entails. Just send along your name, screen name and mailing address to my email address and you'll be on for March!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  2:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how funny, look forward to receiving it!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  2:46:21 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to try this! My sister and I already send each other post cards. I have a collection of National Geog. that we share, also we love old "Ideal" and "Victoria", old sheet music and letters.
And of course anything vintage farm!!!! What are your favs? Anybody want to share? I'll send/recieve old mags, emphemeria,(SP?) and reemburse postage! I will be on the list soon I hope!

"And there they were all night long, Sound asleep. In the big red Barn. Only the mice were left to play, rustling and squeaking in the hay, While the moon sailed high. In the dark night sky" Margaret Wise Brown
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  3:58:59 PM  Show Profile
I love the big red barn, we are on our third copy...i bet i have read it to my kids literally thousands of times. Thanks for the smile.
Go to Top of Page

Suzy
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Suzy
Park Hills MO
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  9:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Suzy an AOL message
Meg -
Thank you so much for the V-day card! It was like getting sunshine in my mail box. It's been so cold here and sunshine felt good. And I think you did a fine job of your mail art. Oh by the way Poppy had her calf-baby! It's a Girl. Maybe next mail Art will have pic of Poppy & the calf-baby (if mama will let me get close enough with the camera!)
Suzy H in MO

Farmgirl in my dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  11:41:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Suzy, what did you name Poppy's little girl? Were you there for the birth? I tell you, watching our Chocolate birth her little Molasses was my labor inspiration! If she could do it in the dirt all by herself, I could surely do it and Stella has no hoves!

I am working on March's mail art list now!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  11:46:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Melanie, thank YOU for the fabulous mail art! My hubby was excited about it too, because he knows he'll get to test out the apple crisp recipe. And the little tags are so cute!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Suzy
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Suzy
Park Hills MO
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  7:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Suzy an AOL message
Meg - Poppy's little girls name is Tess! (we have gotten three other calfs: T-bone, Topaz and one still to be named and one baby still to come so 5 total) Got any cool ideas for calf names that start with T?! Yes these Mamas have all done real well. Sure didn't take them as long as it did me with my son (8yrs has faded that memory thank goodness and he was well worth it)

Stella J. - Thank you so much for the most wonderful card from Australia. I already have your gorgeous bookmark in my book that I'm reading. Your card was truly a treat. thank you.

Suzy H in MO
Farmgirl in my dreams.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  1:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody, I submitted my address to join this group a while back and was told I would be on the March list, I was wondering what I have to do to get a copy of this list so I can start sending stuff out. A few people have emailed me with their addresses privately so that I can start with them, I was just wondering if I am missing the part of the puzzle i need to be a part of this? Let me know if I missed something or if I need to just be patient. Thanks...jess
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  10:21:27 AM  Show Profile
Jess~ I would love to add you to the mail art list. My HUGE apologies if you've sent your info before, but send it my way again and I'll get you added!

Suzy~ did you pick a T name? How about Trudy or Tinkerbell?

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  10:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Meg, I sent you my info, I will be looking forward to this project.

A little boy I used to babysit for named his golden retriever...Treepipple. there is an interesting T name, he is a very good dog.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  1:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Meg, Could you resend me the March list , or at least the name and addy above mine?
I'm so sorry, I went on a cleaning spree after being sick for a week or two, now I can't find my list!
Thank you so much!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  12:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
how does this work? do i have to read through all of the 71 pages of posts to figure it out or can someone please tell me? i have been absent for a very long time and am looking forward to my first garden on my very own property this year! we bought a house last year with 2 acres of land and i am so excited about getting back to my "farmgirl roots"... i would also like to know more about participating in this mail art program!
thanks for your help!
alison

Namaste'
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Alison! I'm not quite sure of the "ins and outs" of Mail Art, so Meg will be answering you shortly. It looks like SO much fun, doesn't it!

Glad to have you here -- WELCOME!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  09:31:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alison~ Each month I send a list of farmgirls out and each farmgirl sends a fabulous piece of mail art to the farmgirl on the list above them. Mail art can be a post card, something scrapbooked, a card, a recipe, pictures...whatever suits your fancy and gets you crafty! Anyone that would like to join, just send along your screen name, full name and mailing address. It is such fun to receive in the mail!

Beemoosie~ I'll send along the March list.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page