junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  11:36:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have to admit, in the beginning I wasn't sure what to do or make, so I cheated a little and just made a simple card with a pack of seeds tucked inside, then I got some really creative cards like the one from BlueEggBabe and it hit me, then I felt bad for the ones I sent, so little by little I'm re-sending a more creative effort to all, It'll take awhile, but I'll feel better knowing I personally did each one more creative than the last.....I know there are no rules here, but in the spirit of the ones I have recieved so far, I have to make up for not catching on sooner, no biggie, my winter is full of projects now thanks to this wonderful forum and I couldn't be happier!!! I'm just so grateful to be apart of this all!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  11:39:15 AM  Show Profile
Robin Griffin, thanks so much for the Rooster mail art and bookmark, will have to use that bookmark for MJ's book! I love chickens and that guy is a looker!!! Ours are looking pretty bare at the moment! LOL Thanks again!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  12:37:15 PM  Show Profile
The comments of the last several posts on this thread (the ones of support and cheer) are really heart warming. I resently returned from a 3 week road trip and I need to get back to my mailart and catching up on the forums. There's no place like home.....
Meadowlark! Thank you for the fun creative offering you sent me I love it!! The little red tractor really touched me as it is similar to one that I drove on our farm as a kid. The whole thing is a great work of art! I think it was Clare who said she hesitated to sign up but was now enjoying a creative burst in a new direction I felt the same way!! I saw lots of Mailart design ideas on my trip and I can't wait to see where this goes next......
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Climbergirl,
Thanks for the cool mailart postcard today...happy dance!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  2:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Melissa,
I have tried here and at home and I have not been able to access your site or the Travelling Art website.

Would you be able to send me a copy of the newsletter????? Would you try be e-mail and if I still don't get it would you print one off and mail it to me???

Thanks!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  2:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl, Sweetie, it's just the ramblings of a middle aged woman with too many/little hormones...and I just love you all SO much!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  09:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Kim, lets see, I'm not sure why you are not able to get on the site. Is anyone else having a problem getting on the site? I am in the process of fixing the names under the pictures, should be done tonight. But this is how I find bugs, when you guys tell me about them. I can get on the site just fine by clicking the link here below my post. Can some else try the link below, so I can tell if it is working for someone other that me.
Now Kim, try to go to www.sqrlbee.com and click the box that has the girl walking on the globe, it should take you to the Sisterhood site. Are you using AOL 'cause that could be the problem since it doesn't let you see the whole internet. Well we'll get you there some how.
MeadowLark, I just like your imagination, it make me smile.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  09:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, I can access it just fine...

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Sep 13 2005 09:30:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  09:28:57 AM  Show Profile
I tried www.sqrlbee.com and can't access that either. But everyone's blog sites I can get on to? I don't use AOL.

farmgirl@heart

Edited by - Kim on Sep 13 2005 09:29:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  09:33:31 AM  Show Profile
I do have AOL and I was able to get to it all from both links, from here and from site to site.

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  09:46:45 AM  Show Profile
I can access both of them all right. Can anybody tell me how to set up a link? Thanks!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  09:47:49 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, either just type it in, or copy and paste from the address line of the website you want to share. Either one works.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  10:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Humm???

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  10:17:18 AM  Show Profile
Kim have you tryed just going to the browser like google and typing in sqrlbee.com? I wonder what the problem is????

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  10:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Kim, can you copy and past the exact error response that you get? That might give us a clue. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  11:03:04 AM  Show Profile

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what I get. I've checked all the settings and everthing is fine.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile
Same with google.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  11:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda for the great mail art!! Made my day!!

I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  1:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Kim, can you get to the sqrlbee.com site , our main website?

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Nope, can't get there either, same message. I also got the same message at home last weekend.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  1:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Kim, can you find out what verison of internet explorer are you using? You can find it in the "help" menu, "about internet explorer". Hey may be I should be emailing you privatly, I feel like we're taking over this forum

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  2:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Clare. Much appreciated. Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  3:21:29 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

Well I am now doing a farmgirl tap dance right down my road. Watch out goats. Just received such wonderful mail from Meadowlark and also Marie in San Fran!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Jane in La Porte; I certainly did receive your mail art, and I am sorry if I did not thank you at the time.

I think that I have needed a little boost with all of the horror that this country has been going through in the last two weeks. Bless all of those who have and are suffering so terribly.

I can tell from the posts that the Sisterhood of the Travelling Art is still "going strong." Yeah!!!! I also want to sign up for Meadowlark's sorority house! Fun, Fun, Fun

As far as sending mail art out is concerned, I have decided that my PERSONAL goal is to make as many contacts as possible within the Sisterhood rather than spending a lot of time that I don't have creating the pieces and consequently, getting just a few pieces sent out and being very frustrated. I have so little time and such a desire to connect, that this decision works for me. However, I do understand that everyone has to develop her own way. My goal is to get through the entire list in the next 2 weeks or so.

Please know that although my work is very simple (postcards with quotes that I have selected), I think of each one of you as I write your names and addresses and send them off with lots of hugs and good thoughts.

My former sister-in-law, who is quite an accomplished artist, is teaching collage classes in Dallas, and it is my hope that one day when I have more time and money that I will be able to study with her.
Collage art is one of my passions, but it will have to be a delayed passion for now.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  4:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Connie..my way of doing it isn't as complex or "fancy" as some of the others either..you will see..sent one off to ya yesterday..but I think you are right..we have to each find our own way. I will get more out sooner if I do it my silly own way. Maybe next time around I can be more creative or spend more time on each one. I am so thrilled when I get ANY mail art..no matter what type..so fun to have friends that think of me!! You gals are great!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  4:44:15 PM  Show Profile
AArrrggggh! Clare, help! I'm just not getting this link thing. What I want to do is set up a link from an email I'm writing to someone (for example) that goes to my website, www.petreader.com so that if they want to they can just click on it and get there. I tried just typing it and it doesn't work and I don't get the cut and paste thingy (I'm computer challenged) Do I cut the "petreader.com" from the addy line? Or from where? Sorry to be so dense. If I can do anything for you in return, just holler. Thanks again. Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page