Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  10:40:31 PM  Show Profile
does anyone recall the Griffin and Sabine books? there was some beautiful mail art in them! I just fell in love with those books.. It's been a while sense I've run across them though.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive. James Stewart in the movie HARVEY
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  11:58:50 PM  Show Profile
I received a hello from Tater Duck in the mail today!!! How fun! Thank you Jane Hubner.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  11:34:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi to all from the Midwest!

I am new to the forum and haven't really done anything like this before-so if i do something wrong, let me know!

we live a fairly hectic life here in sw mo and i stumbled onto maryjane's book during a visit to the bookstore and fell in love!

i think the thing i miss most of all about my life is that lack of connection with other people-i'm so busy, life is kind of flying by.

i'd live to talk to any of you out there who are feeling the same or similar. and i'd like to try this mail art. how do i start?

talk to you soon. karen

*a good laugh is sunshine in the house* W.M. Thackery

living' large in MO
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  11:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome showmemom! Welcome to the site!If you click on the name "therusticcottage" a couple of messages up, you can give
Kay your name address and birthdate and she will add you to the list and get you a list to start on.

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  12:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello Karen, I"m from Mo. also and can sure relate to missing the connection as life does seem to take over most of the time. Plus living in the country is WONDERFUL but neighbors are far and few between, I myself long for the old fashioned girls only visits over coffee and fresh baked goods like days gone by.....maybe we can make up for it via the internet. Looking forward to getting to know you more, all the ladies here are super and I"m sure you'll fit right in. The mail art is anything your heart desires to share with a another farm girl. Enjoy and let's hope this heat wave passes soon.

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  12:12:37 PM  Show Profile
Marcia, my pleasure to add something fun to your mailbox!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  2:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karen, so nice to have you on the board, I look forward to getting to know you better!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  08:13:20 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to Melissa (Sqrl), LindaH, and Kele for the beautiful mail art I received this morning, 3 in one day, it was so exciting to open all of them up!!! Kele, thank you for the quilt square, so pretty!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  10:44:32 AM  Show Profile
I am covering all of my bases and posting here as well to be added to the mail art list. I did e-mail Connie and hope that works! It sounds like such a great thing to do. I am glad that there are others interested in carring on the tradition of mailing by post. E-mail is great for quick little bits of information, but nothing compares to a hand-written note or card from a friend."Well done" to the person who thought of this.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  10:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Karin,
Connie has passed the torch on to Kay, member name therusticcottage. Email her with your request, including your address, and birthday, and that outta do it!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Jul 25 2005 10:54:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  12:24:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Clare!
Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  12:51:38 PM  Show Profile
what a fun surprize in my mailbox today....Thanks so much MollyMae and Jane (Quilting Queen) Ya'll should be getting something from me soon... I am slow but working on it..at least it is down to 85 out today...maybe I can THINK!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  1:19:23 PM  Show Profile
I got my first piece of farmgirl mail a couple of days ago!! How exciting! Thank you Jane(quilting queen) Your kitty is so cut.
I have some ready to go out as well. This is so fun!

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  1:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Jenny and Missy,

I'm so glad you got my cards. This is fun. I'm as excited about hearing that people received them as I am about checking my own mailbox!

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  2:46:57 PM  Show Profile
my son (age 9) asked me how come I get all the fun mail ....I got a package in the mail today too....milk filters from Caprine supply..but he saw that as fun.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  2:50:32 PM  Show Profile
I thought I'd send my grandaughter a piece of my mail art too. I used to mail her more frequently when they lived on the east coast, so I need to get back in that groove. She loves to get mail from Oma. In fact, when I write a letter, she insists on reading the letter to her parents (she can't read yet!), and refused to let them read it to her! Kinda cute. Lots of "love you bunches and bunches" and "Hi Sweetie Pie"s in there... which I do say to her regularly. Oh, grandkids are the best.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz

Edited by - Clare on Jul 25 2005 2:51:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  3:36:55 PM  Show Profile
clare I call my Grandmom - Oma! Are you German?

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile
No, I'm not German... long story, but I preferred to be called Oma.... and now I really like it.. plus it's easy for the kids to say, too!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  4:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Clare, I love Oma!!!! I can hardly wait to make the passage to grandmotherhood! Your grandma name has an Indian ring to it!!! Very cool! I called my grandpa BeePa.

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  4:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! Hey, Jane - you grow come pretty cute taters!! Thank you. Hope that duck was tasty to eat too!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  5:22:33 PM  Show Profile
My dear friend is German and she of course, calls her grandparents Oma and Opa...so cute! Jenny from Utah, I'm so glad you got my mail art! Plus, my 11yo son said the same thing this morning basically, "I never get any mail, how come you get so much??" (I received 3 mail art and 2 packages from eBay) . I told him, "Become a Farmgirl and you'll get lots of mail too!" (That didn't go over too well)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Clare,

That little tater duck was such a surprise when I dug him up...he even had two little black spots right above the little lump that formed his duckbill...I just wanted lots of friends to get to enjoy him. I can't bear to eat him, so I've got him sitting here on my desk. You know, he's so cute that I'm afraid one of these days he's going to end up "spoiled rotten". LOL

Jane
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  10:58:56 PM  Show Profile
We have added 10 new members in the last two days!! I've been busy updating and promise I will get a new list sent out tomorrow. New members -- be patient with me for one more day!!! I've been so busy I haven't had time to send out any art but am working on getting that done this weekend.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  11:00:44 PM  Show Profile
I love Tater Duck! I'm framing him and putting him on the wall in my sewing room beside my other special treasures!

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Kay,

I'm so glad you like him! That's so sweet that you're putting him in your sewing room. Thanks! Have a great day!

Jane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page