EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  08:35:09 AM  Show Profile
I got to thinking - that could be dangerous lol - since we can't all meet to have a cup of tea or coffee together - we can pretend - why don't we exchange pretty teacups and saucers with eachother? Doesn't have to match or be an heirloom, just something nice to share with another farmgirl-
Anyone interested?

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  09:08:14 AM  Show Profile
sounds fun to me gurlfren .. count me in .. and be sure to check my sweet little 'child's vintage tea-cup' give-away game on my KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog' xo

http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  09:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
that does sound wonderful!! id like to do this as well!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  09:36:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Frannie and Leah, and yes, Frannie, I will be posting something about the joy outside my windows!
How do you think we should do this exchange? I have cups and some saucers - maybe we could take a looksee at what we have and then exchange addresses? If anyone has a better idea, let me know.
You know, this would be fun with aprons too - or other vintage kitchen linens -

Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  1:14:27 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to be in the exchange...count me in!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  4:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Please count me in, too. Woo hoo! Another exchange!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  8:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
im gonna have to go to some garage sales to gather up some cups and saucers for everyone, but that wont take long. We're gonna have ourselves a snail mail tea party!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by - sugarsfarm on May 21 2006 8:34:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  05:10:48 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I'd be interested too! I've been slowly collecting teacups and saucers over the last few years. Each one is different, and I'd love to be in on this exchange!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  05:17:04 AM  Show Profile
it would be fun to post some yummy 'tea party delicacies' too .. and we can assign a date/time .. to all have a cuppa' tea and a 'yummy' .. and be sitting at our computers .. visiting on-line via 'Maryjane's Farmyard'.

kathy .. since you are the 'momma' of this swap .. perhaps if you check the posts .. and in about a week (or however long you want to give the gurlz to sign up) .. you could make a list and ask if there is ANYONE else that wants to get into this one .. maybe give a 'date' to be listed by. THEN .. YOU put all our names in a basket and choose TWO at a time to be partners ... then list on the forum the 'partners' .. then it would be up to us to contact each other about the swap. (you might want to give a date that the cups/saucers should be mailed by .. so we will all have them for that 'tea party'). jus' suggestions .. YOU are the momma .. sooo you should do it like you wish. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  05:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
I would love to be in the exchange also, I have quite a few that my grandmother gave me.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

RobinB
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Robin
Rockvale Tennessee
USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  06:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Great idea! Count me in, please.
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile
This is my "cup o tea." :o)

I'd love to join in if it's not too late. I have a small collection of tea cups and saucers and teapots. I have actually just taken them all down to make room for my extra Pampered Chef products. Which was very sad, but had no where else to go with things.

Consequently, I haven't added anything new to my collections and I miss seeing it displayed, so this would be a very nice way to get something new without really having to add to the collection since I can share what I have, too.

This makes so much more sense than just letting having our stuff setting around. I have often thought, other than the obvious of it being things that I like, what is the purpose of collecting stuff. I know that sounds wierd and please don't faint, but I have thought this. Sorry girls. So with an exchange, we can rotate our treasures always renewing our love for "stuff", whatever that may be, enjoy something new and share the joy of our finds, too.

You are so smart to do this, Kathy, thanks for thinking of it and for putting it together. I've always wanted to go to a tea party, not too many people do that around here and I'm thinking having one with the Farmgirls will be a whole lot more fun anyway. :o)

Blessing on your day and pinkies up, ladies - it's Tea Time.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile
I'm new, but count me in too! Please, Georgann
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  6:14:26 PM  Show Profile
You all are so wonderful - Frannie - that is a great idea! Howz about you keep a list lol - I need about 10 extra sets of hands and a few new brains.
Here is something fun to get the ball (tea ball of course) rolling - Can anyone tell me what book - classic children's series book this particular line came from? "September slipped by into the gold and crimsom graciousness of October"
The first gal to get this one right is getting the first cup and saucer and a suprise or two inside for you!
What a great group of gals!
Frannie - I will be waiting on you to help ole Momma with the chores - that darned John Boy is always in his room reading and writing!

http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  6:26:27 PM  Show Profile
That would be from Anne of Avonlea!

My what beautiful images that creates.

Georgann
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  6:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to Aunt George - a woman after my very heart! She will get the first teacup and saucer surprise package! I have asked her to take the torch and ask the next question gals - Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  6:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
Never mind I can't do the exchange. My husband and I decided about a year ago that we were really going to work hard to reach our dream of moving to the country. So I had the big idea of packing away everything that we were not using often to make it easier to move and guess what one of the things I packed away were all of my cups and saucers. I am so sad because I have a really neat collection and I was so happy about sharing it and getting a new one. Oh well we are about to put our house on the market and I could not be more excited. I already bought a book on raising chickens (which I have always wanted to have) and I have my clothes line all picked out that I want to buy and well I could just go on and on. I am hoping that within the next four months we will be moving and then watch out because I am going to want to do everything.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  08:03:06 AM  Show Profile
KATHY .. did you want for me to maintain this list? will be glad to if that's what you want.

let me know and i'll have each of the girls e-mail me. xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1838 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1838 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  08:24:12 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be in the exchange. I love to drink tea and collect teapots. my mom and I used to have great talks over a cup of tea. Miss that.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to be in on the teacup exchange too! Sounds like fun...Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  11:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Kathy asked me to ask a question, sorry it has taken me most of the day to post one, but I had to take care of some committments at my daughters's school today. This line comes from one of my favorite children's poems. The beauty of the whole poem, I think, is what inspired my to write poems for children as an adult. I have made this very easy, so the first person who posts the author and the title of the poem will receive a teacup package from me! Here goes:

They dined on mince and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;

Happy reading of one of my favorite oldies!! Very oldie...1833!

Georgann

Oh, Frannie, I have sent my address to Kathy. I will be happy to email it to you too through the Farmgirl site as per the rules! Thanks, G
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  12:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Edward Lear's "The Owl and the Pussycat"

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  12:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Wow...That was FAST!! :) Congratulations!! I dearly love that poem. I'll check with Kathy and Frannie on how to proceed to send you your teacup and saucer!!

Georgann
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  1:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!! I have a PO BOX if that helps any?

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  1:20:59 PM  Show Profile
GEORGIE .. I'M waiting to hear back from Kathy .. not sure that is what she meant in her e-mail .. she sounded BUSY .. but maybe she still wants to 'momma' this swap. we'll watch for her posting. then i'll let everyone know.

ONLY THING IS: June 1 - 10 .. we'll be heading for DisneyWorld .. and i bet my mailbox gets so full it will do bouncebacks. soooooooo .. if "I" am going to collect names .. we'll wait until after i return .. if kathy or someone else would like to do the 'name collection thingie' .. that would be great too! don't want this one to get bogged down because i am outta' town. xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  2:55:52 PM  Show Profile
This seems to be working quite well with all of you. So let's just do it this way. I have my cup and saucer ready to go to Aunt George and she in turn is sending me one - then she made up the next guessing question and now that person gets a cup and saucer from Aunt George and she in turn sends one to Aunt George - then she will make up the next question and so on. Don't think we need anyone to keep track at this point. When someone correctly guesses the answer, then the person who asked the question privately emails that person for their address.

We will be doing things a little different with the collector's forum - so you might want to look at what I am posting there to avoid any confusion.

Good luck girls - this is great for getting a nice teacup collection going. By the way - I have included a few little extras with my gift to Aunt George - feel free to add something to your gift box too - Remember, good things do come in small packages!

Blessed Be from the Enchanted Wood

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Teacup & Saucer Exchange Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page