Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Friends with different interests
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Friends with different interests Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  09:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Kristina.......love your blogs.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  4:50:45 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, everything you talk about is like the story of MY life... I thought I'd post you the link to a post I made not long ago along the same lines... there was a lot of great advice given to me by our fellow farmgirls!

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40085

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  5:13:32 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad to know I am not the only one that feels this way. My husband is in the military, so we move every 2 to 3 years. It makes making and keeping freinds difficult. I feel like I don't have anything in common with the other wives. I am a veteran myself, so I don't fit in with the active duty anymore, and I don't fit in with the spouses. I take pride in our little bit of house and yard that we have, while everybody around us just lets everything turn to mush. My neighbor that moved in next to us actually couldn't believe we have only been here a month because all the yardwork I have done. This is the first time I have also been able to be home with my daughter, but not working makes it difficult to meet new people, especially ones with similar interests. I think next year I am going to talk to the housing office and see if there is anywhere we can start a community garden. Hopefully I can meet some fellow farmgirls like myself!

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  07:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Love everyones thoughts!! It is so great to have MJF where we can all 'meet' and know we understand each other. I love all things pioneer and often joke I was born in the wrong era!!?? LOL! Have a blessed day! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Friends with different interests Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page