Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  9:10:21 PM  Show Profile
I am a new farm girl member and trying to learn the ropes. Are there any farm girls out there from Colorado? If so I hope to hear from you. Thanks, Deb

Deb

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  9:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deb and welcome from Iowa!! I think you'll be surprised at how many Colorado gals there are and I'm sure you'll hear from most of them. I lived in Colorado for almost 10 years and I miss it alot. We lived 180 West of Denver in the mountains, just 6 miles from the Continental Divide/Monarch Pass and 12 miles from Salida. You'll love it here...........so many awesome gals!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  9:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lin, thanks for the email, I am originally from Missouri and have many friends in Iowa. We are close to the Continental Divide/Monarch Pass in the Mountains of Florissant CO. We have lived here for 14 years. I am so excited to finally be a part of the farm girl sisterhood. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Hugs, Deb

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  10:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Deb, I remember Florissant!! You're close to where we lived!! wooHoo!! So happy you're here........we all have so much fun!! We love having new Farmgirl Sisters!! I'll email you sometime soon and we can chat! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  06:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb :)

I live in SW Colorado, I don't think that I have ever been to Florissant. YOu will surely enjoy it here, so many lovely and caring ladies, you will feel right at home. I am not an official farmgirl yet, but there are plenty of gals from all parts of Colorado on board :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  09:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Deb! We are all very glad you are here.
Rebecca from Michigan

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  4:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I am anxious to get started. Working on figuring out the subscriptions I signed up for, New Pen Pal, Homemade Book marks etc. I think I am lost:-) Deb

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  7:54:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deb,
I'm right down the pass from you in Colo. Springs. Welcome!

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  7:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Here is a shout out from this Colorado Native!! Welcome and you will find us crawling out of the wood work once the sun goes down and the temp get more livable.

I think you will have a wonderful time here - everyone is so kind and helpful. Let us know if there is anything we can do to assist. I will give you a heads up I am running a giveaway on my blog "Gratitude Journal" is the post - great way to get your feet wet - chance to win something...

Great to have you hear and in no time you will be introduced to tons of great gals.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  8:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Deb,

WELCOME TO THE CONNECTION. . . from a Colorado Native in the SW corner!!!!
Yup . . there are a few Colorado farmgirls on the connection and hopefully you'll hear from some more.

If you're looking for a HENHOUSE CHAPTER to join . . . check out the FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE. There are a couple threads you can read about us on . . . in the Farmgirl Chapter Chatter section and the Official Farmgirl Chapters section.

I can certainly give you more information if you'd like more . . . WE'D CERTAINLY LOVE TO HAVE YOU!!!!

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  06:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi CJ~ How wonderful there are so many Colorado Farm Chicks out there I am excited to be a part of all this. Took me awhile to get started, heck I just finished my badge last night and I signed up a month ago, where does the time go. Nice hearing from you and I hope we talk alot. Thank you for the wonderful, warm welcome. Deb Farm Girl 1582

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  06:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sharon~ Another Colorado Girl WOW. Florissant is up in the Pikes Peak Region a little town west of Colorado Springs in the Mountains we love it here. Where abouts are you in SW Colorado, can not wait to hear from everyone this will be so much fun. Thank you for the warm welcome. Deb, Farm Girl 1582

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  06:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rebecca and Greetings to you in Michigan, how is the weather there? Here in the mountains of Colorado it is a beautiful morning and will be a great day. Thanks for checking in with me, I can see we all will get a long just fine. Deb Farm Girl 1582

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  06:48:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone, oh this is fun! Thank you, thank you, I can see we will all be great friends. I would love to hear from all especially Georgia girls too as we lived in Savannah 10 years while my husband was in the military so it is home to us as well. We also lived in Germany 10 years so we have been around. Any girls out there from the 421st Medical Company or 45th Medical Company during the 80's and 90's give me a holler. Deb. Farm Girl 1582

Rocky Mountain High Colorado

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  06:51:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Melina in Colorado Springs, how long have you been a farm girl? I am happy to finally be a part of the group, winters are long in the mountains so now I will have plenty to keep me busy. Hope to hear from you soon and thanks too for the warm welcome. Farm Girl 1582

Rocky Mountain High Colorado

Deb
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  2:40:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Deb. I grew up in Colorado but married and came home to my Ozark roots. I now live at the Ar/Mo line. Welcome again.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  6:19:39 PM  Show Profile
It is great to see all the Colorado gals come out and give a shout!

Deb - what are some of your interests or talents - always great to know what folks are into and who to go to when we have questions?

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  9:18:45 PM  Show Profile
I have been to Florissant. I am from Denver. Welcome to the board!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  07:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace, thanks for checking in I really like the Larkspur area, our son lives in Denver. I knit, crochet, read, love to cook and am a volunteer dispatcher for our little local fire department. I do sell things on etsy and ebay when I have the time. Use to own an Antique Shop in Montrose CO before we moved to Florissant. Also was a Library Tech at a military library in Germany but have since found other interests since we have moved to the mountains. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  07:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Robin, our son lives in Denver so we are up in the area quite a bit although I prefer to come back home to Florissant as it is cooler. Thanks for the welcome and hope we will chat often.

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  07:38:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb. I'm on the west side and love it over here. Lived here for three years, and in the Springs for 2 before that. Welcome to the farmhouse.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Laurie what is your last name? We lived in Montrose for over 10 years, we left in 2007 and came to Florissant so we could be closer to our son who lives in Denver. I owned Collect This Antiques Shop at the Boardwalk south of town for 3 years. My friend from Montrose Mary Turner and daughter Laura are on there way here now for a visit. Small world isn't it?

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  5:29:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Smiley~
I grew up in St.Louis Missouri, left when my husband joined the military in 1975, he retired in 1996 when we moved to Colorado. Love the Ozarks but have not been back since I was 16 years old, I understand it has changed a bit:-)We still have all our family in Missouri so perhaps one day we can visit the Ozarks, I am sure it still has the charm of years ago. Great to hear from you.

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:24:54 AM  Show Profile
I moved here in 2007. I was in the Springs before that and back east before that.

My mom loves the boardwalk and we have been there several times. She a big antiquer. It is amazing how small the world really is.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Debbie!

I'm one of your neighbors to the north, Longmont. The area you are in is beautiful! Glad you found the farmgirl connection!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  09:20:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather, all these Colorado Farm Girls is amazing and I love it. We should have a Colorado Farm girl meet and great somewhere one day. Now that would be fun.

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough

Deb
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Colorado Farm Girls Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page