Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Hubby may be up for sale...or free....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hubby may be up for sale...or free.... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  8:33:02 PM  Show Profile
I swear, my hubby just delights in bugging the living daylights out of me. So, I had some dark thoughts of being freewheeling and single...couldn't help it... Nah, think I'll keep him, but, you know, there are times that hanging a sign around his neck and booting him to the curb is really, really intriging!

Just today, we had an unload in Salt Lake City (not that has anything to do with the story, just where we were) and he wants to take his sweet time retarping the load, instead of tacking the thing down and getting gone to the next customer. It has to be 'done right'! Grrrr! It's a whopping 5 miles betwixt customers, I don't think they would care one way or the other!

Then, we stopped at the truckstop and went in to take a shower. Of all things, we got into a 'discussion' of who didn't shut the shower door and throw the latch. I have a mortal fear of not shutting a door properly and having the maintainance guy walk in unintentionally so I make sure that door is SHUT and bolted. So, if not moi, then...who didn't shut the door?....Hmmmm??

Then there are the myriad of little things during the day that he's just bloomin' lucky we're whizzing down the interstate at a speed I can't just toss him out of the door. Know whut I mean??

Oh, and an update about his 'brand'... It's healing just fine and looks kind of reddish and a bit shiny. Nope, not gonna lose this guy!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  9:25:49 PM  Show Profile
ok too funny i am smiling all the way to the bath tub tonight. ya love him loads i can tell. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  9:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Winona, you're so darn funny!! I love the way you tell your stories..........paints a great visual for me!!! I know it wasn't funny at the time, but the love flows through the cracks of your humor and anger!! Thanks for venting!! Hugs, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  04:29:52 AM  Show Profile
goneriding -- LOL I hear ya girl... Love the idea about a sign around his neck!! But I agree might as well keep him. I have raised two boys and have seen the transformation of what the male hormone can do.... but boys will be boys as the saying goes. Enjoy your blog by the way, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  07:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Lots of times I've wanted to boot the old boy out (DH), but have ya taken a good look around at what the alternatives are out there? Plus I'm getting too old to train another one anyway.....
Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  07:50:53 AM  Show Profile
ROFLOL!!!! Tooo funny!!! Yup, we all have days like that, but when all is said and done. . . well, we love them too much to let go!

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  03:45:40 AM  Show Profile
lol. Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  05:26:53 AM  Show Profile
Men! Ya gotta love them. Mine will be on vacation next week. He may be for sale too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  2:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Winona...You Put Voice to how we all feel at times. We all
have those moments when we want to trade them in or boot
them out. I think they feel the exact same way about us too.
That thought keeps things in perspective for me.

About two weeks ago...I wasn't sure that we were going to
make it to our 25th Wedding Anniversary...Which is in Sept. LOl
But a week later I love him To The Moon and Back and all is
well.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:07:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for putting to words how I've been feeling about my DH lately. Why is it we all go through periods where they drive us up the wall then just days later it's all lovey dovey again? Thanks goodness for the lovey dovey days!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  8:41:24 PM  Show Profile
We would have sell them at a deep discount! haha ~Smile~
Having a sense of humor is so helpful! That and the fact that we can bite our tongue!
I love mine and I need him too!

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  09:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh thank you for this post Winona! I seriously thought I was the only one who ever thought about flattening his melon with a frying pan while he sleeps! LOL I love my husband, but he does know how to push my buttons, and doesn't always know when to stop. I think I must be nearing menopause. He has been grating on my nerve more often lately. We work together too, just not on the road. I don't know what you are hauling, but if you ever get a load for American Plastic Toys in Walled Lake, MI, I'll probably be the one unloading it.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  6:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
ROFLOL too. Mine isn't for sale...he's free! He knows everything and I've become dumber than a stump according to him. I don't even know how to grocery shop anymore. He's just not nice. Only to everyone else. Thank God for my dog she makes everything ok!

Sister #1922
Blessings,
Darlene
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  6:12:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the replies, ladies!!

Welp, there have been a time or two since I first posted, that he's done even more annoying things and I've wanted to just cut him loose...but then he does something so wonderful that I forget so quickly what he did 'wrong'.

I was going to try to remember his misdeeds, but, really, I can't remember what they are now.

He did say the other day that we are both bullheaded. NO! Really?? I feel that on the truck, we are equals and have equal say but in all other aspects, he's the king o' the castle. I actually feel like I can let down and relax around him and be (*gasp*) feminine. I now do my nails and fuss over my haircut, just to make sure he likes it. He does take care of me, like when a guy came to the truck window and wanted to 'sell' me air cleaners (no kidding), hubby hustled around the truck (he was on the other side) to find out what was going on. I could have handled the guy just fine, but I 'let' hubby take the lead. He just puffed up!

Yep, unless he does something utterly bobbins, I think he's a keeper!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  6:58:32 PM  Show Profile
ROFL...you gals are too funny! and I thought I was the only one who would like to put the old hubby on the Marketplace around here. Enjoyed the reading.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

hsmommel
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Melissa

61 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  5:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Since we all have one that "has days like that", I'm not sure we could sell them....or give them away! LOL

Thanks so much for the laugh....I needed that....my dh was annoying me today too. :-D

Be Blessed,
Melissa
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  02:27:50 AM  Show Profile
Gosh, this reminds me of something from that Muppet Show program years ago. Some song about, "You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em, there's something irristable-ish about 'em..." Been trying to figure that one out for the past 22 years with hubby. I'm going to be humming that tune in my head all day. Of course, I'll occasionally have to sing it out loud to get the kids howling at me to stop singing, but it'll be worth getting them riled up.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Isn't that the truth. Any woman I talk to doesn't want another one! Maybe we can send them off together on a hunting or fishing trip! Then we could all go Glamping!!!

S00000000 hot here I can hardly do a darn thing. It wipes me out. I need to check my garden out but I will do it later when the sun goes down. My poor dog is so hot that I had to give her a dip in my outdoor tub. Usually I will cool off too but it is so hot I couldn't stand to be outside!

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  04:31:14 AM  Show Profile
goodness, sometimes i wished i lived alone just so the house would stay clean!!!! with a hubby, 2 boys & 2 dogs- things are always a mess. i get so frustrated at times, but my husband is a great help. What i dont get though- while he will wash dishes or cook if asked him, WHY does he throw his clothes on the bedroom floor?...just dont get it. i suppose as long as the good outweighs the bad, thats all that matters. my hubby is a true gem.
connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://naturemaidenbathbodyproduct.blogspot.com/(Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Edited by - naturemaiden on Aug 07 2010 04:31:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  09:13:56 AM  Show Profile
LOL! You girls crack me up! I read Winona's post and almost fell out of my chair - that's me and my husband on somedays, too! My husband is a self-professed comedian and training up our son in his "evil" man-ways. Although I know I am wiser, emotionally stronger and the one who keeps this family going, they drive me absolutely insane at times. And I homeschool, so I sometimes starve for girl time! I wouldn't trade them or my life for anything, but being the only girl in the family is definitely tough at times. Wanna know my sanity secret? The thing that keeps me from bubbling over when the testosterone-enhanced members of my household are killing me with their blockheadedness and man-foolery? A few years ago I started buying them partial seasons tickets to the Pirates for Christmas (if you're familiar with the Pittsburgh Pirates, you know that with their record, the seats could not possibly be budget busters - God love our Bucs! LOL!). This gift of "charity" is purchased with change saved up in a huge, hidden jar all year long. It guarantees me "Wife/Mom of the Year" standing and twenty evenings of pure, unadulterated feminine bliss - time for catching up with friends, working on crafts, soaking in a hot tub, watching chick flicks - anything my sweet little heart desires. It's like twenty mini-vacations just for me! And I don't have to hear one whine, peep, interruption, request or superiority jeer out of my guys, nor do I have to cave to their mere whims and fancies, either! Although, I'll confess, there is one drawback: I have had to celebrate a couple of wedding anniversaries at the Pirates games... Now, I love baseball. I even love the Pirates. But a girl's got lines to draw. Oh, well... Chivalry isn't dead, but my husband will kill it! LOL! He's the love of my life, and really, he's a great guy. I am loved, and I am deeply in love. ...And, thankfully, I spend enough time with my son to unravel some of the work my husband has done - after all, I want his future wife to love me, too!!!! :) - Hugs, Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hubby may be up for sale...or free.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page