Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Recommend a small hand flour mill?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Recommend a small hand flour mill? Next Topic  

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  2:35:45 PM  Show Profile
I would like to start to grind (& even grow!) my own wheat (& other things like peas) for flour for bread. I love making my own bread & have been doing it for so long that I think it's time to ratchet things up & start grinding my own grains Could anyone recommend a good *hand* flour mill that's not too expensive?? I bake bread 1-2x/wk for a family of 6. I've been doing a lil research, but it's overwhelming & they all seem expensive, except the Norpro one. Any & all advice greatly appreciated I like doing things by hand (without electricity), so really would prefer a non-electric one

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  08:39:05 AM  Show Profile
I was looking at one in Lehman's a little while back, it was around a hundred dollars I think. When we are finally able to purchase our own place I'm going to get one of those. It may have been the Norpro I can't remember! My mom purchased the really expensive (but beautiful) green one that Lehman's has. It is soooo nice! She is able to get a nice fine grind with that baby. I'm using the KitchenAid attachment for my whole wheat.

Sister #1213

Farm-made aprons and vintage goodies
www.thecapriciouscorgi.etsy.com

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
~Thomas Edison~
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Recommend a small hand flour mill? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page