Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic diaper laundry Next Topic  

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  09:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
OK I love my borax+baking soda "laundry detergent" but I have a question about my little ones laundry. I have so many hand me downs with orange stains on the back from exploding diapers... I have never found a good way to get them out. My question is do any of you cloth diaper users have a great way to get them back to White diapers?? I am currently soaking cloths as they are soiled, then rubbing the laundry powder into the area, then tossing it into the laundry. to mixed results, what is your thought??

-Tami
now ladybugsmom7

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  10:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Try some oxygen based cleaner like Oxy Clean. Maybe try putting some hydrogen peroxide directly on the stains and let it set. Then soak the things overnight in the Oxy Clean.

Visit my online shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage/
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  11:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Every now and then I run dipes thru with bleach. Stains don't really bother me too much, so I only do it maybe once or twice a month. I keep a dry pail, but I wash every other day at least. Hanging them out in the sun is the best way to keep them white, in my opinion. I've heard people say to lay them out wet on the grass, something about the clorophil in the grass whitens them, but we live in the desert, so I haven't tried that. :)

Annie

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
NEW blog: http://bramblestitches.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  3:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi I am new...

We CD in our household. I keep a wet bucket and use a solution of borax and non cholinated bleach (7th gen) for tough stains i pre-treat with fels-napthalaundry bar. Our washer/dryer is only a year old, but the washer has a sanitary cycle. It runs awhile longer but i think it is worth it because evenwith the worst dipes going in they come out pristine....:)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  5:53:41 PM  Show Profile
I always kept a wet pail and used a little BIZ in the soak water sometimes. I used my homemade laundry detergent..the borax/soda/fels naptha blend..and hung them out to dry. For stain treating I used hydrogen peroxide. Works great on blood stains by the way too..I have sons who get nose bleeds easily in hot weather.
I agree that the sun is the best bleach there is!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  6:24:44 PM  Show Profile
OK, ITS BEEN A WHILE. But this is what I did. when ever I was DONE doing the laundry for the day, I would fill my washer with cold water and a little soap and turn it off. then during the day after rinsing any dirty diapers in the toilet put them in the washer, being the same as a diaper pail, and leave them be. then let them go through the rinse, spin out and then wash in hot water bleach and soap, or whatever you choose to use. but the beauty of this is, NO DIAPER PAIL, AND THEY GET A GOOD RINSE BEFORE WASHING. TA DA!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile
oh and we have a hand held bidet on our toilet for rinsing dipes right before they go into the pail....and its cold water too, so the stains dont set. I thnk we paid maybe $30.00 online for it. Here is a link:

http://www.sanicare-hand-bidets.com/

They work nicely on cloth moontime pads too. I don't think I would enjoy CDing w/o this thing.
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  6:05:19 PM  Show Profile
I have been using Zote, a bar soap you find in the laundry isle, like Fels Naptha, it is a huge pink bar...costs about .89, it works really well. I just bought some new fuzzi bunz cloth diapers and they were expensive, so I hand wash most of the poopies, then give them a good rub with the Zote bar, store in a dry pail until wash day. All the stains have come out so far. Some people are really grossed out by washing out diapers, but it doesn't really bug me so much... I just wash my hands and nails really good after.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic diaper laundry Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page