Author Weather Report: Previous Topic First hurricane???? Next Topic  

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  08:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Yuck, we are planning to be in Kemah all week. We might have to cut our stay short.

Also my friends are here from Ohio and they are staying in Kemah.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Amy: The weather channel is saying land fall by Thursday. I have already got my things together just in case we need to leave. My cat cages are out and waiting, important papers are together, etc... Oh, and the generator's oil has been changed (that should be done twice a year, so we know it'll be in working order), and it's ready to be put into use. By Tuesday, we'll be tying done outside furniture, etc... in the yard. It is early for the gulf coast to have a bad hurricane, but it has happened. Be prepared. Good luck to you and your family during this hurricane season.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  06:53:12 AM  Show Profile
good luck Amy and Bear5.......I'm watching...over here on the Eastern shoreboard....Florida...little by little I'm preparing since the water temps are hot all across the Atlantic Basin...it's going to be a busy watch this summer!
Prays are with you this week!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  12:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Monica:
Thanks. You must feel like we do about those hurricanes. Do take care. Be prepared. Good luck.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  7:11:47 PM  Show Profile
It is going to have to make a major change of track to hit here. We will get a little rain but that is about it. Course the next one may be closer. At least it will cool off a bit before it gets here. With the Gulf so warm we may have a very busy season. Gotta be above a cat 3 before I hit the road though.

Good luck everyone.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  09:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Just got back from Kemah. We had some wild wind last night. We rode the boardwalk train in the hurricane. LOL

Galveston Bay was rocking and rolling. It is usually pretty calm.

Have a great day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  3:24:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad y'all were safe! We've got lots of clouds up here in North Texas. We could use a few more drops of rain. The Lord blessed us with a nice shower last Thursday, but we wouldn't mind another!

Betsy
Farmgirl #1444
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic First hurricane???? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page