Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Raggedy Ann In A Barbie World
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Raggedy Ann In A Barbie World Next Topic
Page: of 4

RedGateGal
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Danielle
Watertown TN
USA
94 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  6:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Annie S...I like you go to an office in the city and work in outside sales. It pains me to throw on heels and a stylish suit. The more I'm on the farm, the harder it is to get up and do that barbie doll routine anymore. On the weekends, I can be found in a ballcap, a pair of blue jeans and my fat baby farm boots. Oops...forgot the shirt in all of that LOL...usually a T-Shirt with some farmgirl saying.

When I'm at the office I feel like I'm fighting against where my heart is and that's usually 40 miles and 8 work hours away from getting back. Hopefully in the next year or so, I'll be able to work the farm full time.
So...I guess that makes me a Raggedy Farmgirl trapped in a Barbie Doll World temporarily...LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #2574
www.redgategal.blogspot.com

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  7:17:31 PM  Show Profile
I am the princess and the pea. I cannot stand a loose thread in my clothing. Makes me CRAZY! I'm not Raggedy Ann so much as stuck in a 1960 camping, girl scout mentality. I think comfie is the only way to go, sans bras, of course. Jeans, cut offs, T's are my wardrobe. And oversize T's around the house and to sleep in. I do, however, respect the decorum of my environment. If I visit a church where women wear skirts/dresses, I do too. Ankle length, no nylons, and soft and drapey. Flat shoes. Simple pleasures. Simple me.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  10:14:17 PM  Show Profile
I can't stand all the manmade fabrics so many clothes are made of today. They are hot and clingy. Just give me some cotton and I am happy. Even if I have to iron it I don't care; ironing is my favorite household task. If I need to relax, I get out the ironing board.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  3:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals!
I have bought skirts and tops from these folks:
http://www.devalifewear.com

It's cotton, simple, comfy, and lasts a long time. Most of their offerings are American made.
Check them out. They can be a bit pricey, but the stuff lasts forever and does not go out of style!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  8:23:58 PM  Show Profile
lol love all your comments! I'm a strange combination. I LOVE dressing up, I'm completely comfortable in chore clothes working in the barnyard, cowboy boots and jeans are some of my favorite clothes especially if it means I'm on the back of a horse, and I love victorian clothing; anything that makes you think of Anne of Green Gables, Laura Ingalls, Holly Hobbie.... well you get the idea. I love feeling feminine and wearing aprons. If lace is involved its all good especially if it's hand crocheted or tatted or something. Shawls are some of my all time favorite accessories and make me feel snuggly, feminine and like a lady of quality. Weird huh?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Raggedy Ann In A Barbie World Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page