Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Update on 5th wheel....*original post plus more*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Update on 5th wheel....*original post plus more* Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  07:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Okay, things are moving along. Not quite as fast as I'd like but it's going.

We will get the 5th wheel and first thing to do is go fishing. Burned out and tired but that's what pays the bills (truck driving). So a little time off and back at it.

At times I get a little discouraged because we don't do payments, eveything is paid for so sometimes it seems that we'll never get what we want. But after my divorce, I have to own everything, so it'll be worth it.

We're still trying to find out about the land. The owner seems to be long gone so the next step is really to pay the back taxes and see what happens.

Slowly....slowly....slowly, but it's coming. Sheesh....

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Update:

As soon as we get home, the 5th wheel is ours!! The first day off, we have to pick it up, the second day we need to put our stuff in it, the next 3 days...we're going fishing and camping. I don't even what to hear about what happens in the real world!! Just going out on a super seecret lake and hiding out for a while. I can't wait!!

We found that the land will be up for back taxes after all. We've tried to get hold of the owner but he won't respond to anyone. We don't mind buying it but if he lets it go, then we'll do that. It will be a little bit before we can get the cabin but it's all in the works.

Edited by - goneriding on Jun 29 2010 4:30:15 PM

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  4:46:02 PM  Show Profile
It's an amazing lesson in patience and sounds like you're passing it with flying colors! Pay as you go is, we've found, the toughest yet best way to go. Good luck!!!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  5:51:08 PM  Show Profile
A big congrads

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  8:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you and enjoy your camping/fishing

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jun 29 2010 8:41:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Update on 5th wheel....*original post plus more* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page