Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 does anyone know anything about Fatty liver diseas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic does anyone know anything about Fatty liver diseas Next Topic  

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  9:50:15 PM  Show Profile
I had an untrasound because my liver enzymes were up and it came back I have this but the dr said alot of people have it, but I looked it up and it said that it is the start to other things that can go wrong with the liver. So I thought I would ask others if they have it, do they have problems , should I eat different etc, etc?? Thanks for any help anyone can give..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Beverley,

I am not sure...I only know about hepatic lipidosis in the veterinary sense...it is actually quite common in parrots being fed a diet high in fats. Since the liver is a pretty regenerative organ, by reducing the amount of fat in the diet, the problem would gradually resolve. Fat cells would replace the healthy cells, resulting in the 'fatty liver'. However, I know also that diet isn't always the cause. I hope that you find out more about it!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  4:00:26 PM  Show Profile
well thanks for that info. I am checking into it more too. thanks again

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic does anyone know anything about Fatty liver diseas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page