Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 Just bought a new trailer/any help identifying mak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Just bought a new trailer/any help identifying mak Next Topic  

mrspinsneedles
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Kimberly
Salt Lake City Utah
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  10:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about identifying the make of a trailer? We bought it about 6 weeks ago and we cannot find any identifiers as the maker on this thing. It is a 57 or 59..Title says 59? Previous owner swears it is a 57 though, but does not know brand. Its original paint is still on and it is the 50's aqua and white with a red roof(NOT SURE IF THAT IS ORIGINAL BUT LOOKS TO BE)...Anyone help identify her. It also has curved wheel wells kind of like a scotty but not as curvy as those...No drop down floor... Kitchen is center, rear bed. Anyone?http://picasaweb.google.com/mrspinsneedles/20100522#5481380805018708626

www.greenhoneyhive.blogspot.com

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  06:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kim, I'm afraid I can't help identify the make, just wanted to say congrats. on finding your camper. It's really cute. hope you can post pictures as you get it fixed up. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  08:54:43 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, it does have a Scotty type look but that was popular then. I am surprised the title has nothing on it. You can try the RV/MH Hall of fame in Elkhart, Indiana 574-293-2344. They have a great museum and an extensive library dating back to when they were horse drawn. If you have no luck, the original scotty plant was out my way. They are now closed do to a huge fire years ago and I think may have reopened with new people. There is a Scotty campground in the area of the old plant and they might be able to help you. Let me know if you would like this info. And if anyone is near Elkhart that museum is a lot of fun.
Jane

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Just bought a new trailer/any help identifying mak Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page