vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  1:52:58 PM  Show Profile
It all started because my electric stove pretty much died last summer when I was canning. Only 2 working burners and the clock on the oven could not be fixed or replaced so , no self clean.
So, i've been saving for months and finally had enough to buy a new stove. Had a gas line put in and bought a 5 burner gas range. Then, my daughter and I decided to paint the cabinets. They were ugly old fake oak and we are painting them white. Then ripping out the horrible blue and burgundy tile backsplash that was here when I moved in and replacing it with white bead board. Of course that meand new formica and sink.
Currently, my entire kitchen contents are all over the house and I can't find anything.
But it will be worth it when we finish and we've managed to stay within the very small budget I allotted for the redo.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  2:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there...it will be worth it and just think of the cooking and enjoying you will have. Hope you show us some pictures when complete.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  2:55:59 PM  Show Profile
And next you'll have to change the furniture. Then paint the walls. Then the curtains won't match. So new curtains. Then the living room.....It goes on and on from here. That's the way it is with me. My kitchen really needs a paint job but I am afraid to start because then the rest of the house will have to be done over!

But sounds like it will be really nice when it's all finished. And you'll be glad you did it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  6:24:36 PM  Show Profile
my husband ripped my kitchen apart on me once when i was 8 months pregnant-never again!!!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  6:57:55 PM  Show Profile
I know what that is all about. It started when my husband tried to keep the pipes from freezing all the bottom cubboards came out so we could wrap the pipes. normally a day job but then it came to painting the kitchen, putting in new windows in every room. Oh how I know how you feel. Hang in there it's so worth it.

I came home from work one day. Single mom two boys 4 & 5 and my dad ripped off the back room of my 100 yr. old home. That led to a new kitchen, bath & livingroom. Then when that was finished we tore down the rest of the house and put in 3 bedrooms and a bath. It's nice now but I went a summer with no water in the house. Life sure was fun and heck-it at the same time. Now it's a very good memory.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  11:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh how I envy you. We remodeled our kitchen about 3 years ago and I didn't move the gas line. Now I'm still stuck with an electic stove. How I would love a gas one. Good luck on the redo.

Judy

"Speak your mind and ride a fast horse"
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  09:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh...post a pic when it is all done...bet it will be all worth the trouble. Good luck.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  1:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I am sure you can't wait to get it done so you can put your feet up and toast it all with some champagne (at least I would!)

**PLEASE VOTE FOR ME BY JULY 3RD to win the Oprah Talk show challenge: http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=add_video&entity_id=208234280

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View My Work:

art/dolls: www.vagabondcreations.blogspot.com

The Horse Drawn Project and Farming!
www.beyondvagabond.blogspot.com

View the blog and radio show!
Renegade Farming!: www.therenegadefarmer.com

NEXT RADIO SHOW:
JUNE 6th 6pm EST "Coop" author Mike Perry!
http://therenegadefarmer.com/
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  1:59:05 PM  Show Profile
That sounds a lot like my home improvement projects. One thing done makes it so obvious that something else needs attention and on it goes.

It sounds like it's going to be beautiful when it's done and congrats on staying within budget.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  04:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like it will be beautiful when you finish. Hope you will post a pic so we can see it.

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Yipes, What a Mess!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page