smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Our 14 yr old daughter and 11 year old son are off to camp today for 1 week. My husband and I took a week off our jobs for time together without conversations being interrupted or ease dropped on. We can go for a ride without "Are we there yet?" coming from the back seat. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and miss them when they are gone but this has helped my marraige alot.We started 2 years ago sending both to the same camp at the same time. It makes there summer more fun also. We had reached the point where every conversation was about the bills or the kids and once a year now we regroup and strengthen our 24 yr marraige. Any one else sending their farm kids to a summer camp?

reereebee
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Marie
Clark WY
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  08:06:31 AM  Show Profile
My 6 yr old girl and 4 yr old boy go to a day camp during the summer. Unfortunately, this June it's because I'm working and my husband is out of town. However, I get off of work about an hour before I have to pick them up so I use that time to wind down from my day and enjoy a few moments of peace.

--Marie--
Farmgirl Sister #1627

“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else” - J.M. BARRIE, Novelist

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  7:23:17 PM  Show Profile
My girls went to camp every summer for the 6 years they were in Jr. High and High School. They never went as campers they went as program aids/counselors. It was great having them gone even though I love them very much and miss them terribly now that they have all moved into their new homes. But, I was a stay at home Mom and having those few weeks in the summer was great. I think they grew alot during those weeks at camp too.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  04:53:39 AM  Show Profile
How wonderful! I would love to be able to spend that entire week with my husband! Unfortunately he does not get any vacation time. We are sending our girls (12 & 9) to church camp this year. I'm driving them up this Saturday. They'll stay for the week. I'm looking forward to a quiet week with hubby, even though he'll be at work during the day.

I should plan some things for myself during the day that I normally couldn't or wouldn't do with my girls here. Then quiet time with the hubby at night.

My girls are looking forward to a week in the woods with horses, swimming, hiking and just being with friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Well Deb while you are taking yours to camp we will be picking ours up from camp! Have a good time!
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  4:58:23 PM  Show Profile
I hope yours had a great time! How was your week with the hubby? What did you do?

We're all packed, just need to pack the truck in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  07:54:08 AM  Show Profile
The best gift you can give your kids are parents who love each other. it is sooooo important to have that couple's time together. Enjoy it
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic kids going to camp Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page