herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  5:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Man....this is a great year for Chamomile(cammomile) ...it's all the same. Anyhoo, I have a volunteer plant in the crack of my sidewalk that is going nuts. I've harvested 3 times already. I planted some in the herb garden a few years back and after a couple of years, it dissapeared. Now it's in my other garden pathway and in my sidewalk. It's really too soon for it around here, BUT, there it is, in all it's fragrant glory! You just can't beat home-grown. And that smell.....mmmmmmm.....between that and my honeysuckle, I'm in dreamland. Is anyone else having "ChamomileCraziness?"

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 05 2010 5:45:38 PM

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  4:07:53 PM  Show Profile
I just bought some seed to plant in my garden and can't wait for the blooms to pop up! Hopefully mine will grow as successfully as yours has

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jun 06 2010 4:08:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  8:10:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure it will Dana. I had a pot of Chamomile tea today. I mixed it with mint.Yuuuummmmm!We are having a wet/cool kind of day. Perfect for tea! :-)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile
Today is the second time I harvested my pretty little flowers! I dry mine out and keep it in a mason jar. Every once and a while I'll walk by and just inhale that perfect, wonderful smell! I use chamomile in my tea, but also as a linen spray.
I had some wayward plants this year, and my DH was this close to pulling out the "weeds"!! I got there just in time to stop the "slaughter"!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  7:13:23 PM  Show Profile
lol...Good for you Teresa....save the "Cammie Babies"...hahaha... I actually love looking around each Spring to see where new plants may come up. They are in the yard, driveway, sidewalk cracks....you name it. I can't bring myself to kill 'em either. Aren't we silly?/!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  08:44:09 AM  Show Profile
My chamomile was huge last year this year it's just little baby chammies here and there. There are wild chammies all over our driveway this year though, I love smelling them when I get out of the car freshly 'disturbed' by the tires.
I'm always finding different plants coming up I love it! This year it's wild foxgloves in the flower garden, I found and relocated a baby hawthorne tree! I planted cantaloupe seeds that were sprouting in my compost bin, and even apple seeds that were sprouting in an apple I cut open! Never seen that before....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
~Thomas Edison~
Sister #1213

www.thecapriciouscorgi.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Nigella.Save all the "babies" you can. You gals are "RescueAngels." lol I love it when Hubby mows. I can smell Spearmint, Chamomile, Chives and Onions all over the yard. Makes me hungry.haha My Mom opened a tomato last summer and the seeds were sprouting. That's a new one. Never saw that before. Nigella...I think you and she have stumbled upon something new...."tomato sprouts," like bean sprouts. yummmmmm....well, maybe not. hahaha ...who knows!...hmmmm.....

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Chamomile Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page