Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile
I was so inspired by MaryJane's newest mag w/the aebleskiver recipes, that I went & bought a cast iron pan today!! Has anyone ever tried making them with custard inside? Do you have any books or sites with tried & true recipes that you can recommend? I plan on making the chocolate ones that were in the newest edition of MJF

barefoot in my organic garden eating fresh veggies with my kids, living simply & naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com

gardenmouse
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Beth
Porterville CA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  8:18:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to try the ones with the cherry jam soon since I've been making cherry jam like crazy. I bought the pan at an antique shop last summer thinking it was a biscuit pan since it was too shallow for muffins. The tag said it was from the 1880's. I've never seen one like it before. I was surprised when I opened the newest MJF magazine and found out what the pan is supposed to be used for.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  9:31:58 PM  Show Profile
How cool! I love my cast iron skillets & would love to find a cast iron biscuit pan, too. Went to an antique shop yesterday & found a cast iron dutch oven to make MaryJane's artisan bread (am still trying to plow through that thread, only on page 18 out of 108 pgs lol). I look forward to hearing how it comes out! I see you're new on these boards, too! Welcome! I look forward to chatting :-)

barefoot in my organic garden eating fresh veggies with my kids, living simply & naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile
I am married to a Dane. We make aebleskivers often. My pan came from Denmark when I first got married, love that you can get them here now. I was thrilled to see the recipes in the magazine! Finally an English version I don't have to translate, lol. My husband makes them plain, sprinkles a bit of sugar on them, and then we "dip" them in strawberry jam. Yummy!!!!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:02:49 AM  Show Profile
I am tempeted to buy an Aebleskiver cast iron pan just to make theses! They look so good!

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  5:24:57 PM  Show Profile
My DH gave me an Aebleskiver this Christmas...it's tucked waaaaaay in the back of the cupboard-It's very HEAVY!

I didn't notice the recipes in MJ's magazine I will have to go through it and try one.

Thanks for the reminder--

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Aebleskivers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: