Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 I figured out how to use my serger!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I figured out how to use my serger!!! Next Topic  

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  9:53:38 PM  Show Profile
I was absolutely thrilled when I figured out how to thread it! I got a babylock imagine and it really is simple to thread and does a great job. I had one before, I can't remember what brand it was but I ended up selling it on ebay because after 6 months of a headache I never did figure out that confounded machine! I would'nt have bought it if I did'nt plan to use it to make things for my antique booth but I am just soooo excited!!!Had to share

~Count your blessings instead of sheep~ (Bing Crosby) ~Nancy~
SANTA BRIGADE
RED RIVER HENS
http://santabrigade.blogspot.com/

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  05:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,

That is great! I still have mine in the box, lol. I will get to it one day, I promise ! It's just my time has been taken by so many other crafts. Glad you figured yours out! Yes, I am still a bit intimidated!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile
Love my serger. Congrats on learning how to use yours. I use mine all the time. Threading them can be a pain.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  08:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
WOOHOO Nancy!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  08:55:31 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by santa4u

I was absolutely thrilled when I figured out how to thread it! I got a babylock imagine and it really is simple to thread and does a great job. I had one before, I can't remember what brand it was but I ended up selling it on ebay because after 6 months of a headache I never did figure out that confounded machine! I would'nt have bought it if I did'nt plan to use it to make things for my antique booth but I am just soooo excited!!!Had to share

SANTA BRIGADE
RED RIVER HENS

Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  09:53:55 AM  Show Profile
Nancy I have had an Imagine for several years and it is a great machine you will find so many things to use it for.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile
I don't use it for a while, and then forget how to thread it, and it is a pain to relearn. But, once I have it going, it is so wonderful and I wonder why I don't use it all the time! I have discovered it sews a perfect 1/4" seam, so quilters, you will love it. Three times faster at least than using the regular sewing machine to piece.I try to keep it threaded with an off white thread, sitting next to my regular machine to remind me to use it on quilt projects. I love it . . . when it is already threaded that is! Congratulations.

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

"No matter where you go . . . there you are."
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  11:27:13 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I am thrilled for you... I am enjoying mine, even as a beginner!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  1:06:12 PM  Show Profile
They just make things look so professional even when I'm not. lol..I only found white and black and red thread here in town so threaded it with the white and hope to not have to change it till it runs out. Ha! Of course it paid to really read the directions. lol... Well got more clothes to hang out, this weather is already SOOOO hot here in Oklahoma! I am a winter person! How has everyone been fairing with the weather and gardening? We are already in a dry spell.

SANTA BRIGADE
RED RIVER HENS
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  4:36:54 PM  Show Profile
Awesome Nancy - isn't it handy? Great for making pajamas!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  9:17:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm like a kid in a candy shop! Ha! I also got an AccuQuilt Go and am having a ball with that! I always wondered how people could cut such precision squares of fabric, plus I can make jelly rolls with it. I would'nt have made these purchases if I could'nt use them in my sewing booth tho!

SANTA BRIGADE
RED RIVER HENS
Go to Top of Page

Calicobear
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Lori
Mansfield Ohio
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  8:51:24 PM  Show Profile
I have a serger.........still in the box too. :( Had it out once for a class, teacher acted like I was stupid.....threaded it herself too. I did a few lil' things she showed us, scraps of doing a gathering, and edging. Brought it home, and is under my sewing table, & crying I think. lol

My Husband got it for me, at Christmas......4 yrs. ago. Am so ashamed I cannot figure how to use it.

So be happy Santa4u.....and proud too. You did a great job!

Hugs!! :)

Hugs & Smiles!!
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  3:00:01 PM  Show Profile
I know how all of you feel. I got mine several months ago, took it out of the box, looked at it, put a cover on it, looked at it, and finally last week was determined to figure out how to thread it and put it to use. I have made one thing so far - the lining for a crocheted purse. I do plan to use it a lot more and pray the thread never breaks.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I figured out how to use my serger!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page