Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Jack Russells and one little Min Pin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Jack Russells and one little Min Pin Next Topic  

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  08:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone else have Jacks? I have a mom and her little girl. We did have the dad but he passed away after 18 years. He was a beer keg on toothpicks! We adopted a Min Pin in October and he is fitting in just fine but oh my goodness is he a funny dog. Lola-the mom is a definite hunter. She can catch just about anything and is fearless. Jujube is her daughter and relies on her mom to take care of business. Pete, well, he's just Pete

Here are the beasts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7528267@N02/sets/72157605191073455/

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  09:53:24 AM  Show Profile
I have three! Yes a pack of Jacks! My two girls Lacee and Matia, are "shorty" jacks and Buddy my boy is full size. Guess who rules the roost? LOL Yup the littlest one Matia. They are 1, 4 and 6. Lacee is my major mouser, Matia is catching on and Buddy he likes bigger things like squirrels and raccoons!

I just LOVE Jacks!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  10:33:10 AM  Show Profile
We have a Jack Russell-but I think he must be part GOAT!

He was born in Missouri and has a very regal lineage...I still think I got rooked big time. He is pushing the optimum height of a Jack Russell and his coat which was smooth when he was little (12-weeks) is now very broken and rough-Not very attractive! He's a scrappy little dog now four years old and a real Yipper--- He is soooo smart!

His name is Truman...

We have a rule in our house no one can say SQUIRREL out loud-we have to spell it or else Truman goes NUTS!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

Edited by - melody on May 27 2010 10:34:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  10:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Lola is 11 and Jujube is 10. Pete is 4. Lola is broken coat and super scrappy! Juju is smooth coat and tall. Lola was the runt of the litter but she runs the house for sure! They are 100% terriers! Pete is definitely learning the way of the terrier.

Melody-mine love to climb on anything-We have a chair in the front window that is their chair so they can patrol the neighborhood. Pete is a yipper too-Lola barks at him to stop. LOL!

Lola loves to hunt anything! Crows, squirrels, mice, herons that come to the pond for a little sushi. She is fearless!

Heather-3! Oh boy! When I had 3 people constantly looked at me like I was crazy. They are such great dogs.

We don't have children but these three little ones are our babes. Of course, I spoil them but they are tough little beasties.

Truman! Love it!
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  1:43:38 PM  Show Profile
They are tough but so smart and loveable! They certainly rule the house. Terriers to the bone, they are fearless and loyal. They love to people watch from the front window and turn themselves inside out when I arrive home...it feels good to be loved so much! I'm lucky that none of them yips. It's watch, see, alarm and on guard but no constant yippy barking.
When they tree a squirrel its fun to watch, they just sit and stare up into the tree. This can go on for hours.
Heather

Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  2:17:46 PM  Show Profile
We have 2 JRT's! Abby 5yo and DoodleBug(jack) 4yo. DoodleBug is our youngest and was somewhat of a rescue. He is not your normal JRT, very easy going and quiet (he would remind you of a surfer dude). Abby on the other hand is your text book JRT- obsessive, compulsive and always on the hunt. I do have to say as Doodlebug gets older he is starting to grow into the JRT traits. By the way Melody we can't say the "S" word or garbage in this house either. My oldest son thought he would be funny one day on his way out the door he yelled "there is a squirrely in the garbage can" it took me 15 minutes to calm the dogs down! Abby is broken coated, and Doodle bug is actually more of a long hair, he really is beautiful. I should of bred him before having him nutered, but now I am glad I didn't because he is allergic to protien and we are having a hard time finding a quality dog food for him and meeting all of his nutritional needs. I really Love these dogs and would own more if I could. It is so nice to know I am not the only crazy person out there that owns more than one!

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  2:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh by the way a "short" JRT is called a puddin.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  12:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Yes, shorties are also puddin jacks. I have a slick coat shorty, a broken coat shorty and a slick coat full size. My boy, is at the top of his size range 25lbs but no fat. All mine are pretty calm not the A-typical Jacks. Matia my youngest sometimes gets a little crazy but I'm hoping the calmness that my others have rubs off.

Heather

Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  2:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Puddin! I had no idea but that makes me so happy. My girls are pretty calm unless they catch scent or sight of a squirrel, mouse or the occasional bird. We always tease Jujube-saying she is a California surfer dog. Just laid back. I think it because she has been with and taken care of by Lola her entire life. The girls are definitely teaching Pete how to play me. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey Pam- A big wave from "down the road"!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  06:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lillian! Yeah for another Oregonian!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Jack Russells and one little Min Pin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page