Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 Hat stands inspired by MJF mag
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Hat stands inspired by MJF mag Next Topic  

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  5:39:15 PM  Show Profile
Hiya ladies! I just had to write to tell you that I was inspired by the hat stands I saw in the magazine so....
I used an old piece of wood, a length of doweling, a giant yo-yo (of the cloth variety, not the children's play toy) and some batting. All things that were lying around the house! I simply drilled into the base, used wood glue to secure the dowel, painted it white, made a giant yo-yo from a 9 inch round of fabric, stuffed it with batting, plopped it on the dowel and viola! Instant (well, practically) hat stands! I made two, one for my cowboy hat and one for my big floppy straw hat. And they didn't cost me a dime! Plus they are practical AND add some cute decor to my room! Love it! Thanks MaryJane!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  8:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Pictures, Melissa! We need pictures, deary!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  10:12:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to figure that out! I just can't seem to get the hang of putting pictures on here! :-(

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  12:18:15 PM  Show Profile
hehehe...

you need to have them uploaded to a place on the web like facebook or photobucket or flickr first. Do you know how to do that? If you've got that already, then it's simple. Just right click (or ctrl click on mac) on your picture online and click copy image location. Then come back here and type [i m g] paste your image link here [/i m g] and then your photo will show up. Only thing is, you have to remove the spaces between the img in the brackets. I only put those there so it wouldn't try to make a photo out of what I put between the brackets.

When all else fails, you can always send me a picture you want to post and I will give you the code to put in. All you'd have to do is copy and paste it right into your message. :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  5:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm going to try it right after dinner - the little one is crabby for something to eat. But I do know how to put pics on Facebook, so I'll load one up and give it a try! Thanks Siobhan!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  6:15:48 PM  Show Profile
I am excited to see the pictures but, what I am picturing in my mind is really darling and I now need one or maybe 2 for myself.
delicia
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Hat stands inspired by MJF mag Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page