Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 Do Your Pets Need To Go To The Vet?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Do Your Pets Need To Go To The Vet? Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  07:19:12 AM  Show Profile
Get a $20 voucher for your pet's shots or a well visit by checking out http://www.gettothevet.com/
80 vouchers given out every hour. These vouchers are to be used by May 31st. I wish my pets needed shots so I could save $20 but none of them are up for boosters until next year! I hope someone can save some money by using these.
-Elizabeth

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  07:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, thanx for the info & website....
Glad your 4-legged furbabies are all healthy.
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  7:56:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for sharing this. We have a visit planned for vaccinations next week and hope we can get a voucher. I tried tonight but was too late since they end daily at 9pm eastern. I will try tomorrow.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  5:59:34 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had known of this two months ago. My vet's office has increased there prices and I almost passed out when I got the bill. Why would anyone increase their rates that much during a recession is beyond me.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13642 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13642 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  9:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the info . . .just gave my poochie her vaccination boosters. Our vet clinic doesn't charge a lot for them and I give them to her so we don't have the charges for a clinic visit.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

somethingticking
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Sara
River Ridge LA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  3:10:14 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know of groups that give assistance for veterinary expenses for pet owners who need it? My cat is long overdue for his annual exam/shots, but the money just isn't there right now. I love him, and it certainly isn't his fault that things have gotten so tight, and I hate to ask for charity from a group, but at the same time I want to be responsible for him.

I've been very fortunate to be able to find the money every day to pay for the high quality food he needs to keep his struvite bladder crystals at bay and his weight down, and I'm so grateful to be able to give him that. I just want to give him the full maintenance care he needs, regardless of my financial situation.
Go to Top of Page

brandyanne
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Debra

81 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Thanks for this link- My dog just went- but my son's dog need to go!
Deb
http://fairiesflowersandfireflys.blogspot.com
2 new tutus added 5/25/2010@

Newest Scent
- Brown Sugar Pecan
http://brandyannessoycandles.blogspot.com

Newest Scent - New England Colonial Kitchen
http://oldesaltboxscents.blogspot.com

http://pilgrimsandpioneersprimitives.blogspot.com

Edited by - brandyanne on May 26 2010 07:40:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  03:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I am always a day late and a dollar short. My dog went last night and it cost $311.00! She was due for all her boosters and some flea and tick preventative. I could have used that $20 coupon!

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

missmuffcake
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

kendy
modesto ca
45 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  4:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Another option is check out clinics in your area. Our local feral cat clinic offers shots, worm and ear mite treatment and flea meds - really cheaply. We are lucky that our vet does not charge a office visit when it comes to scheduled shots - saving us $50.

------------------
http://www.missmuffcake.com/
Go to Top of Page

somethingticking
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Sara
River Ridge LA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  4:52:47 PM  Show Profile
That's a really good idea, and it also reminded me that the University often offers veterinary care which also helps their students get training. I don't know if they would be willing to do a basic exam, shots, etc., but it's worth checking out.

Thanks for jogging my brain.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Sara~ Where do you live in Athens? I live in Watkinsville. I am so glad to have anouther Farmgirl in the area!!!!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  07:43:57 AM  Show Profile
We give our own vaccinations (the feed/supply store sells them) for $6.00 a pop...I worked at a shelter and would vaccinate 20 dogs a day at intake, so it's a no brainer. Our vet does our rabies vaccines (though I could do that also) b/c they are "licensed" and give the tag and certificate which our state requires. As far as flea and tick meds, our local Petsmart (and the feedstore as well) now sells Advantix and Frontline over the counter. I don't have to have an appointment no a prescription. Just bought our flea/tick prevention over the weekend!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

somethingticking
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Sara
River Ridge LA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tina!

You really are close by. I live on the East Side of Athens near College Station and work on the West Side on Atlanta Hwy. I haven't spent too much time in Watkinsville, but I have been to Main Street Yarns a few times, and I love it. I love that they are in that beautiful wooden farmhouse, too.
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Emily
Chambersburg PA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  4:46:37 PM  Show Profile
There is a spay and neuter clinic that does all the shots, heartworm test and a few other things for 56$ by my mom in pittsburgh. Thats it, no appointment. I took my two dogs and got them the works and then also a year of heartguard for 1 year for each and spent 208$. There goes the tax return :)

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  5:01:03 PM  Show Profile
My DH had to take our tuxedo cat Tibbitts in today after struggling with her for the past few days. She has not been herself and I was afraid that she either had cancer or had had a stroke.

The Vet said she had a temp of 104 and that she also had an abscess inside her back leg mid thigh-Tibbitts went missing last week for a day and a half-she's an inside cat-so we figured she had gotten herself up in the basement rafters and either fell or jumped injuring her leg. Today, they gave her had a steroid shot and she is on antibiotics. We have to bring her back tomorrow to see if the medication is working and if her temperature has dropped.

We've had Tibbits for about 7 years and adopted her when she was four from our local shelter. She is one of the family and we are so glad it is not what we thought it was going to be.

Vet treatment isn't cheap that's for sure. We didn't know what we would have done if the diagnosis would have been different.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Do Your Pets Need To Go To The Vet? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page