Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Need a name for our farm!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Need a name for our farm!!! Next Topic  

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  1:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Hi there,
I am Fawn and my husband is Russell.My husband and I just purchased our dream farm. Now we need a name. I hope that you guys can be of some help. Our farm is 93 acres in the hills of West Virginia. We have a white clapboard house with a small country store. It has a creek that runs the length of the property behine the house.We have 4 children, 4 dogs, 4 kittens and are getting beef cattle, goats, sheep and chickens (for the children). We knew that this was the end of our farm seeking journey when we pulled up to this farm with our realtor. It is beautiful. There is no neighbors for as far as you can see. Very privet and rural. Please help with naming our little slice of heaven.

Fawn

This to shall pass

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  1:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Fawn.

I like your screen name. How about Serenity Acres? I'm not very good at names, but I'm sure some of the other folks will have good names.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  6:56:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Fawn,
Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection. You seem to have a theme going with the fours, how about
4 the fun of it Farm. Congratulations on such a wonderful find. The dream has only begun as you now begin to shape it into how you really want it to be. Have fun! And blessings on all your adventures and a new chapter of life on the farm.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  11:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
You could also play with the names of your family and make a word. Like combine them or take the first letter from each name. I hope you come up with something wonderful! Your place sounds absolutely wonderful! I bet its pure heaven!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  11:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
How abour Russett Fawn Farm?
Red Fawn Farm?
93 Russell Fawn Farm?

Sounds like a wonderful piece of property.What's the going price for something like that in W. Virginia? Just curious compared to our land prices. Do you run the country store?And,welcome!
Go to Top of Page

heathert
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heather
Royston GA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  05:02:33 AM  Show Profile
Congrads on your dream come true! The only thing I can suggest about choosing a name for your new little patch of heaven is to think of things you like and maybe incorporate a name out of it. Do you have a type of theme in your house? I am head over heels for stars and so is my son, therefore we started using that as a focal point for a name.
If your going to use a logo-start with a logo first then come up with a name that describes the logo you like.
Enjoy!

The Rustic Star Farm
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  06:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Diane,
Thank you for the name suggestions. It is a beautiful piece of property. We had been looking for a couple of years. We have a 4 bedroom house with a full basement. There is a 2 car garage with a 3 room apartment above it and the store that we are going to open when we find a name and it has a garage and 2 storage rooms off of it. We have unlimited free gas and it cost us $195000.00. I am no longer debt free but it is so worth it. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and I will post pictures of our place soon.
Fawn

This to shall pass
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  11:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Oh my goodness Fawn! I cant believe you got all of that for that amount!! An acre here can go for upwards of $4000! and that just for land! i know its different here than in W.V. but i think you got something wonderful!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Welcome Fawn from "almost heaven WV"!!! My hubby is from WV and we lived there for 5 years, 5 years ago (near Milton).

I'm sure you'll love it here, it's a great forum.

Can't think of any farm names, are you in a valley? You could name it Serenity Valley or something like that.

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  6:11:03 PM  Show Profile
How lovely that farm sounds - just like paradise. What do you intend to do with the acreage? That may be able to play a part in the name. It's so hard to name "the farm" for me - I know what you're going through! Best of luck!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  10:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
We have decided to raise primarily dairy goats. We are going to have some beef cattle and a butchering hog or two...The kids want some chickens. My husband said he might name it "Shallow Creek Goat Farm" or "Journey's End Goat Farm".
Still playing with the names though.
Thanks for all of the great suggestions from everyone.
Fawn

This to shall pass
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  06:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Fawn - Sounds like you found your perfect place. What is it like there? My husband and I are looking to leave NJ and head that way or to KY - the places are cheaper in WV - and on www.unitedcountry.com I have seen so many I would just love to buy.
Did you decide on a name yet? How about Dreams Come True Farm!

Let me know all about where you live and what is around you!

Blessed Be

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Kathy,
Go to www.greenleewv.com or www.farmandranchsales.com , there is alot of property listed there. I live in Gilmer County and work in Lewis county. There is a farm listed in Lewis County...Vadis area. It has 66 acres and 2 houses...free gas, well and septic. Several outbuildings and a barn, it is listed for $150,000.00. If you would like to go smaller...there is a place listed in gilmer county about 2 miles from where I live that has an older doublewide, a couple of outbuildings on 8 acres for $10,000.00. It is a great deal. It is absolutly beautiful here and I could not imagine living anywhere else. If you need anymore web sites or anymore information let me know and I will fix you right up. Good luck on your search, I hope you find what your looking for.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Lisa,
We have chosen Shallowcreek Farm as our name and it is quite amazing. I am going to post pictures soon on my blog (as soon as I figure out how :) ) I am about 2 hours north of Huntington. It is gorgous here. I could not imagine being anywhere else. If you should find yourself looking for a place just to get away...West Virginia is that place. There is so many beautiful places in this state that we very seldom leave for vacation. We just find an area here...and have a wonderful time.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  3:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Fawn, I'm so happy for ya'll! Two months ago we purchased our Dream Ranch....a Texas thing when it comes to cattle. We decided to name our ranch after the kids, had them come up with the name. Flying J & L Ranch. Just our idea....the name will come when the time is right. Just one of those things that happens when you leave the decision up to God.

Kim aka Santa_Gertrudis_Gal

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Need a name for our farm!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page