Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 papa and i = in love for 36 years
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic papa and i = in love for 36 years Next Topic  

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  07:32:18 AM  Show Profile
it is our 36th year anniversary. he is out of town working. that is so good.so i thought i would share with you all .for me other than my God Jah., papa is the best thing to ever happen in my life. i left home at the young age of 15. i look back i am shocked. how did i do that? i was a youngen still. i never moved back home. struggles, mistakes, and heart ache followed me. i have always been joyful. so i took the challenges on the cuff. when i left home i went to roseburg, or. 2 hours from my folks. i worked and supported myself.life went on and eventually i had 2 boys had been married to one man with a mental discharge from the service and was ocd on me. then a man who turned to drugs for his lifestyle and i ran. i learned to depend on ME. at a christian meeting i SAW PAPA. well i fell in love the moment i saw him. i had already gone out with his twin and did not like him. soooo through prayer i was given the man i love. he is kind slow to anger does not carry resentment loves me unconditionally. i am so blessed with a fine man. he is the first man i have ever ever really trusted and loved like this.many woman as sick as i can be at times lose their man. it gets too hard and confining. so happy days here on our little farm. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye Happy Anniversary! I sounds like you have a wonderful man. But I must say, he also has a wonderful wife. God does know how to match us when we go in prayer with him. I'm now married to my second husband, first marriage was 25 yrs. Long story, but I now have the love of my life. Life is just wonderful, isn't it, when you are loved so dearly. Have a beautiful day my dear friend.

Hugs,Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Thweattheart
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Julie
New York NY
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  07:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your anniversary!! God Bless You and your husband!! It so encouraging to see someone come through adversity and find happiness...

Julie~
If not me...then who?
If not now...then when?

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  08:13:05 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, what a wonderful life you have had with your papa, congratulations to the both of you!! God does watch over each and every one of us, and guides us in the right direction, you are so blessed to have the wonderful, patient, loving man that you deserve!! Many more happy years are to come!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  3:42:16 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Sherrye!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  4:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Happy anniversary, Sherry. I have to spend mine alone sometimes too. Sounds like you are very happy.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  6:47:06 PM  Show Profile
a very happy anniversary to you and your wonderful hubby!!!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  9:09:07 PM  Show Profile
he called me tonight and on the phone when i answered he sang happy birthday,lol very cute. he is the finest man i have ever met. i could go on and on.
i would like to take a moment and tell you our story.. i was married before and had a son. he said mom are we ever going to have a dad. wow i said well lets go pray about it and turn it over. WELL 2 sundays later papa walked into the congregation on sunday late. i was already sitting down. i bumped my sister. she looked and said. sherry forget it the girls all chase him and his brothers and they run. i thought well i will not chase any man.so he chased me. the stories are endless. any way we were married in 3 months and dean got a fine dad. our papa john. thanks so much girls. i could not wait to get home and see my posts on this. to share with you my happiness. happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  9:23:30 PM  Show Profile
You can share your happiness anytime Sherrye, we love it!!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  03:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Sherrye! Sounds like you got a good one, so hang on with all your heart.

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  06:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Happy Happy Anniversary Sherrye! Your stories are beautiful. Sounds like you got a great man!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  08:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Anniversary Sherry!! That was a beautiful story!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  11:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Sherry - What a wonderful, redemptive story which is true. Sometimes I think a tiny thought that the redeeming of a life which has been bumped around isn't really true. I some days think it will never happen to me for what ever reason. A long time ago, some thing happened, a good thing, in a friend's life and she said, Kris, it should have happened to you....you have worked so hard.

Hard work doesn't always do it......I am thankful, Sherry, that you have been so blessed and you know how blessed you are. Thanks for sharing your life with us. God continue blessing on you!

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  1:41:27 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Sherry!! Wow, what a great story. Here's to many more wonderful years together.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  3:31:40 PM  Show Profile
thanks ladies. it is so dark outside i cannot believe it. raining hard. still have to do chores. heres to liquid sunshine. happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  8:42:22 PM  Show Profile
so we went and had our dinner. yum crab cakes then coconut fried shrimp and clam chowder finish with mud pie. we had great company and good food and service. lots of laughs and story telling it was a fine time and papa is laying here snoring away. thanks girls happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  10:29:24 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye - So fun!! I love crab cakes!! I have to buy them frozen and don't get them very often. I am sure yours were better. Glad you had such a wonderful time. You are a dear heart!

Kris : )

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  6:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, you are blessed to have each other. Enjoy your anniversary.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  8:14:30 PM  Show Profile
Happy Belated Anniversary Sherrye!
May GOD continue to bless you both!
Smiles.
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic papa and i = in love for 36 years Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page