Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Moving On to a small town in the country.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Moving On to a small town in the country. Next Topic  

sewingwoman
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Giovonnia
Astoria New York
USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Dear Farmgirls:

I dream to live in the country and I have been looking into relocating. Recently my women's ministry went upstate NY to a town called Warick. It's so peaceful and not too far from NYC. (I want to close to my mother just in case) Over the summer I'm going to look into alot of small towns upstate NY. Hopefully by the new year, I'll have fresh new start. The book that inspired me to do this is Sarah Ban Breathnach's new book 'Moving On' (She wrote Simple Abundance) This is a great book about startiing a new home, inside yourself and somewhere else.

Giovonnia

hennessy
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Melissa
Minnesota
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  12:48:43 PM  Show Profile
Too bad you don't live in MN, or me in NY state! I am looking for a roommate to join me in my big old farmhouse here in central MN. I wish you luck in your search - it's fabulous out here in the country.

Melissa

If you lived in your heart, you'd be home by now.
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  1:19:30 PM  Show Profile
I just love upstate NY, I even once considered moving there, how lucky you are. Thanks for the book tip, looking for a good book to read this week.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  6:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Giovinnia - that sounds like a wonderful plan - and a good book, too. Looking for your dream place in the country...mmmmmmm.....what a great way to spend part of life! I hope you find it soon.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Moving On to a small town in the country. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page