julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  6:37:19 PM  Show Profile

Some of you may be shaking your heads thinking, "Of course not. It's just one of those things. Kids get sick."

If I'd never been through this experience I'd say the same thing. But once you've been dealt a super rare thing, normal everyday run of the mill things are completely irrelevant. In our world anything is possible and this reality is a very heavy weight to carry sometimes.

I spent the better part of the day fortifying myself. I 'went there.' I imagined having to spend the night in the hospital. I imagined having to break the news to my husband and family. I imagined Aria's life hanging in the balance once again. I was ready for anything..

When we left the house, Aria's temp was 104.5 and she was moaning..

When we got to the doctor's office I was SO happy that they got us back immediately and they were as serious as I have ever seen them. I felt completely validated. Their need to deny the potential seriousness of the situation did not trump their attentive care. I was prepared to face, "Julia, this is probably just a virus. I'm sure she's fine. You shouldn't worry so much." I didn't hear anything of that nature. Rather, they all appeared fortified too as if this afternoon could very well be a day that would forever affect them all. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that!

The woman drawing Aria's blood was sweating. She knew how bad the outcome might be. Aria was so brave. They took 4 huge vials;2 from each arm. She was frightened, but like the Jedi she is, she faced it with such courage. The nurse came in and checked on her, "Aria, honey, how are you?" she swooned. Aria replied as if she was strolling through the park with an adult's demeanor, "Oh i'm just fine!" I looked at the nurse who brushed a tear from her eye. She knew too. She knew it could be wicked and she was without words considering what this little 6 year old had already been through. A blood draw was nothing--n.o.t.h.i.n.g. It is so humbling being in Aria's presence.

Aria's lab work came back beautiful. Absolutely normal! Her throat culture was negative so they re-did it because the doctor is more than convinced that it is strep. She is treating her as if it is strep!

So, she's on 10 days of antibiotics and should be feeling great in no time.

THANK YOU once again my dear friends for all you kindness and presence. We all have busy and consuming lives. The fact that you have space for Aria and me is, well, an enormous blessing.

We are so so so very lucky!! My love to each and every one of you! ~Julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  7:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Julia! I am so choked up right now. I feel like Aria and you are family. I am SO happy that Aria hasn't relapsed!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  7:22:14 PM  Show Profile
I am so thankful she will be ok. I just felt in my bones she would be. Anything like this is enough to send a loving Mom into a tailspin. That little one will be up and running around before you know it. This is Aria we are talking about!! Nothing keeps her down for long! She takes aftet her Mom.

Hugs and Love MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  7:24:24 PM  Show Profile
I am so relieved! I'm all teary . Im just glad it is a normal kid thing and that she is being allowed to come home and not have to endure another hospital stay. You are both so brave =) I think of your bravery and just what a strong and wonderful woman aria will be. Julia have that chocolate cake! Take a breath and know that we are sending you love and light from my house to yours.

Poor kid, strep is miserable. I hope that she feels better soon =(
Take care and huge sister hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  7:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Aww, I hope she feels better soon.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  8:27:48 PM  Show Profile
So happy to hear Aria did not have a relapse and pray she will be recovering quickly so she can get out there and play with the rest of them.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  8:53:27 PM  Show Profile
Yay! What good news for you today! We rejoice with you!!! What a strong a brave little girl you have and what a strong and brave mommy you are. i could not imagine the emotions you go through with a scare like that. (((HUGS)))

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  10:29:13 PM  Show Profile
oh julia and aria when i saw you were sick i was so concerned for you. to be able to rejoice that you have a normal strep is funny and great at the same time. so glad it turned out this way. i am sure you feel a little gun shy so to speak.you have been through a huge ordeal. it is great that the staff was so supportive and love you both so much. to have your fears validated and not dismissed is so good. happy for you all happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Yay! That's such good news! I can't even begin to imagine what was going through your head during all this! You are so brave, and I applaud you for being such a good Mama!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Julia. I was holding my breath reading this. I am soooo glad that Aria has good news, and that she will be feeling better soon. Wish I could hug you both. Will keep y'all in my prayers.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:49:45 AM  Show Profile
Julia,

The first thing I thought when I saw this as "Oh, thank God!" Thank you so very much for keeping us posted and letting us know how she is. I've been eagerly checking the boards for news. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and may Aria continue to get better and thrive!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  06:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad that Aria is not relapsing. Lots of prayers for you and her.

By the way, I love ya'lls picture in MJF. I showed the picture to my daughter and she says that is what my friend looks like. She is beautiful. So lots of love from Bri too.

Have a wonderful day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

catramsey
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Cathy
Pflugerville Texas
USA
62 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  09:32:35 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news! What a relief for you and Aria and of course the rest of the family. God's blessings to all of you. Your in my prayers. I hope Aria feels better real soon.

Cathy
www.tashicreations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  09:57:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am so relieved to hear this. Take care and rest now dear. I will keep you all in my prayers.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  10:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Julia!!!! YIPPPPPPEEEE!

I am so relieved to hear the good news girlfriend!

Take a deep breath dear heart and give the kids a big squeeze from me.

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  5:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I too had been worried from your earlier posting. I am glade that the doctor office also understood you worry and treated you both with the up most care. Glade to hear that she will be on the mend.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Aria is going to be stronger and healthier and prayers for her are never ending.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  8:06:57 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad to read this post and to know that Aria will be fine in no time. Very good news.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  6:11:57 PM  Show Profile
oh julia.... I have thought of Aria, you, and your family through all this... I am continually sending good healthy vibes your way! I am so happy and completely choked up to read of Aria. What a wonderful strong child. :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  6:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Julia - I have one daughter and three grands.....when they get sick, my attention is all theirs.....it could nothing, it could be something BIG. I applaud you for being dealt the something big and dealing with it in a wonderful way. Love you.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  4:45:00 PM  Show Profile
YAY!!! Great news!!! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Farmgirl #1401

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be' - from 'Simple Gifts'
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  6:46:49 PM  Show Profile
oh I am so happy!!! that she just has something normal!!! yipee and woohoo!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  6:13:37 PM  Show Profile
I am happy for you and your family. It is really scary when you have any kind of illness with your children. We will continue to pray for Aria and you.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  05:35:09 AM  Show Profile
blessings indeed!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"