Author Reading Room: Previous Topic "The Education of Little Tree" Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:57:45 PM  Show Profile
I am re-reading this sweet little book again. It is one of my favorites. This young Indian boy is raised by his Grandparents after his mother dies. Such wisdom, love, respect, humor. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  12:10:38 AM  Show Profile
One of my favorites too!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  3:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Me too Marly - and one I reread as well!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  7:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace:
So you are like me, a re-reader of good books. What are some of the other books you have re-read. I'm always looking for those great books one can re-read and re-read and never get tired of.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:06:07 PM  Show Profile
Marly - I had to take a couple days to recollect all the books I reread:) Sometimes I'm a scatterbrain - so here goes: Barbara Kingsolver, Wendell Berry, Ivan Doig ( he has written several novels set in Montana - love them!), Laura Ingalls Wilder, James Herriott, the Mitford series, Madeleine L'Engle - both her young adult and adult books, and about every three years I read "And Ladies of the Club.." by Helen Hooven Santmeyer, which is about 1300 and some pages long. I think there are more, I will add them if I think of them - what books do you find it worth while to reread?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile
Love The Education of Little Tree also!
Gift of the Sea is a great book to reread.

barnagainkristin

"Others Before Self"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:30:34 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace:
My other re-reads: "These Is My Words", the sequels "Sarah's Quilt", and "The Star Garden".
Also: "The Egg and I", and the two sequels to that. I forget the names. But those books make me laugh so much!
Ivan Doig? I've never read any of his books. What are some of the titles? I'm always looking for the next book to read and then re-read.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile
Marly - too funny, I knew I was missing some and the Nancy Turner and Betty Bard MacDonald books were on that list - I loved The Egg and I:) Also Sandra Dallas...
Ivan Doig has written Dancing at the Rascal Fair, English Creek, This House of Sky, a bunch of others too but those are my favorites. The first two are fiction, This House of Sky is a memoir of growing up in a ranching family in Montana.
I had thought of somebody else this morning but can't recall now...hmmm.....

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  07:33:02 AM  Show Profile
Ah yes - Rick Bragg, wrote "All Over but the Shoutin'" and "Ava's Man", both really moving memoirs about his family.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  7:16:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, thank you, thank you Amy Grace. Okay, but tell me which of the books you listed were your re-read books.
I've got them all on my "to read" list. Oh, "The Egg and I", I can laugh so loud when I read that book.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  4:34:14 PM  Show Profile
Actually Marly all those are on my re-read list I read really fast so I go through a lot of books. I could give a whole other list of ones I think are really good but haven't re-read yet.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic "The Education of Little Tree" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page