Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Strawberries Are Yummy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Strawberries Are Yummy! Next Topic  

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  3:27:21 PM  Show Profile
This has been the best year for strawberries! I guess it is because we have had such a cool Spring. We just have a small bed about 8' x 16 feet, but it has produced 20 quarts so far and there are more on the way! Aren't strawberries just the prettiest things against the green of the leaves? I think it shows that God is an artist and understands complimentary colors!!

Just thought that I would let you know that there is a new post up at the blog about the strawberries with a recipe and pictures. Hope the pictures make your mouth water. :-) http://www.oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog

Okie Farm Girl
Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  4:36:02 PM  Show Profile
I have flowers on mine can't wait to be able to pick & eat them yummy!!!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  5:08:28 PM  Show Profile
I guess that we are a bit ahead of you. Mine will probably play out in the next week or so. It has been so cool here, but it is now warming up! Hope you have an awesome crop!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:00:28 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to eat strawberries. I love them, especially with a little sugar on top!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile
We just finished "strawberry shortcake" about 20 minutes ago made with homemade oatmeal/pecan scones. Oh my gosh. Whipped cream on top just made it. I am so full. And then, with our full tummies, we took our little long-haired dachshund out for her nightly constitutional and what should she scare up but a Pygmy Rattlesnake!!!!!! Good grief. She went nuts and so did we. Dear Hubby killed it with a hoe, but now the shortcake is feeling a little heavy on a tummy that got quite a jolt. :-(

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Strawberries Are Yummy! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page