Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 One Random act of Kindness a day.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic One Random act of Kindness a day. Next Topic
Page: of 3

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I think it sure does Luanne! Great work ladies!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:01:29 PM  Show Profile
alled a friend today and visited with her for awhile, she said I made her day! I also had lunch ready for 3 granddaughters when they got home from school...and now going to play crazy 8's with the eldest one, who is 5 yrs old now! She LOVES to play tis card game. This is also helping her Mom who lives next door.....keeping the kids busy for her!! That is a pretty good RAOK don't ya think?? :)
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile
I really should check my typos before I post ..... haha ... guess smart farm gals like us can figure it out, don't ya think??
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  6:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Awsome Idea...I helped my neighbor print out her check stubs from work. She doesnt have a computer and her and her hubby are on a very fixed income so i try to help when I can.
I will return tomorrow for more

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  7:55:05 PM  Show Profile
what a fine thing this is. thanks so much for the idea. yesterday we went and picked up my greenhouse. the folks renting there were putting flowers in. i told them to come by and get some free plants. they came today. i let them dig berries and lilly. they were happy when they left. yesterday my new friend who does my lab draws for my blood thing came here. i gave her strawberries and lilly. she tried to pay i said no way. she gave me a flax bag for my neck. i love sharing. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  8:31:20 PM  Show Profile
I did a random act of kindness today. My neighbor called me from work asking if I could go pick her son up at school. He was really sick, throwing-up, and not feeling good at all. I went to the school to pick him up. The little fellow (6th grade- not so little really) was not looking too good.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  9:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Two RAOK packages went out yesterday; two went out today; two will go out tomorrow!!!!
Hope they make the recipients smile!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Great idea. I love RAOK. The other morning a nice man held the door for me and let me ahead of him in the McDonald's line. When I paid for my stuff, I left money for his order too. A couple of days later, my mom called and told me some stranger paid for the gas she put in her car. It seems like it all comes back around.

Judy

"Speak your mind and ride a fast horse"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  5:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Got a few more RAOK things together and prayed for a few more farmgirls. Picked wildflowers for my mom.
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  7:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much everyone for sharing, this is such a wonderful idea Channah! Tomorrow I am making dinner and an apple pie for our neighbors.

Such a great idea... its got me thinking!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  04:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, This is so uplifting to read all the wonderful RAOK being done. Just reading them is a blessing! Yesterday while at WalMart, I helped the lady behind me unload her buggy to go in front of me. (We were trapped in line, and could not move our buggies.) We had a good chat while doing so, I shared a pattern with her also. Made us both happy girls!
Thanks Channah for starting this thread!
Hugs, Ruth

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  04:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Have you ever realized you've done a RAOK and it hadn't soaked it what you really did until days later?

A few days ago a gal I used to clean for called. She wasn't calling to have some work done. She was calling to find work. Some weeks I have work coming out of my ears, others hardly enough to keep me busy. I started to tell her of another housecleaner I know that sometimes takes on help. But then I told her that if cleaning was her choice, she was really better to start something of her own. The pay and working environment would both be better that way. The first day we spoke for over an hour. I told her different things that I have learned in the last three years. The next day we spoke again. And yesterday she called with a couple more questions and to tell me she got her first call. She will go see the house this morning. She is so excited and super nervous.

So ladies will you please join me in my RAOK and as you read this post today, say a little prayer for this gal in her travel (she has quite a drive from home to this first house) and that she may find the work she is looking for.

Thank you and hugs to you all~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on May 20 2010 04:44:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:11:48 PM  Show Profile
I finally started my RAOKs! Today while cleaning out my desk, I found some looseleaf that I knew I wasn't going to use. So, I put in a teacher's mailbox to use with her students from an anonomous person. Thanks for inspiring me to do this Channah!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  08:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Your welcome Megan!
Lets see, I gave 2 gallons of my goats milk away to two of my friends.
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  12:32:53 PM  Show Profile
I gave one of my new books to a lady who saw it in my bag and made a comment about it so, I took it out and gave it to her. She was so surprised! Just makes me happy!Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  1:59:44 PM  Show Profile
I have a friend who moved to GA and we both have simular health issues. She needed some product after having nuclear med. testing done. It messes up your liver big time. And, she can't afford the product. Well, I had something my homeopathic doc. had given me that I was not using and I am sending it to her along with a tote I made to cheer her up.
Next, I found out a guy and his sister are sharing a house together and are both out of work. So, I am inviting them to a dinner party we are having next month and buying them some food. I knew him years ago in my congregation. We were learning Russian.
Finally, I've planted a garden that I plan to share produce from with some of my friends and neighbors that are having a hard time in this economy.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  3:09:21 PM  Show Profile
My RAOK for yesterday was letting a woman go ahead of me in a check-out line. Today at work (post office) I added postage to a letter that was short paid so it wouldn't be returned.

Judy

"Speak your mind and ride a fast horse"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  6:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Today, at my track meet, I wished good luck to all my fellow runners! I know it's small, but it's still something!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  8:01:39 PM  Show Profile
My daughter is going to nursing school after many years of wanting to, she finally was able.....so she thought! She is struggling BIG time, financially, with gas back and forth, and bills, home life, etc.....(her grades are wonderful though) I had made some lunch for my grandkids and son, and I decided to make extra, packaged it up, and gave it to her after work! She and hubby were delighted, which delighted me!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  1:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You Ladies are doing so well! I can tell by your posts that you are blessing many people with your RAOK. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  2:44:12 PM  Show Profile
I was RAOK'd by a stranger! I was at one of those self servce check-outs at the grocery store. After paying and taking my change, I started walking away and the fellow behind me stopped me to tell me I still had a $5 bill in the machine. I said thank you and gave him a big smile!

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  3:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Diane! Not many people would do that.
How very kind of him.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  3:15:44 PM  Show Profile
I have a young lady that comes to my house for quilting classes and she does my floors for me. She has been doing such a good job I'm making her a tote bag as an extra thank you.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  4:21:01 PM  Show Profile
There is a greeter at Wal-mart that I chat with from time to time to try and encourage her. Today I brought her a jar of homemade Piccallili :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Thweattheart
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Julie
New York NY
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  4:52:32 PM  Show Profile
I invited my son's two best friends to join us for dinner...they were both very grateful.

Julie~
If not me...then who?
If not now...then when?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic One Random act of Kindness a day. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page