Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I broke my toe. Next Topic
Page: of 2

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  5:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Ouch! I know how it feels to break your little toe! I broke mine on my left foot a few years ago. I had to be off from work for a while because of the danger of rolling a big cart over it (they made me take time off). So I went hiking and horseback riding! I wore big loose-fitting shoes. The dr. taped my toe and that took care of it. But I'm glad it was my left foot or I might not have been able to drive.
Broken toes hurt but the pain gradually goes away. Just don't be stupid like me and go on a night-time hike when your toe is broken. It didn't make things worse, but it sure didn't help. I hope you find some relief soon. Try to stay off of it as much as possible for a few days. Hope you feel better soon.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  6:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness ya'll. I feel like a wimp after reading some of your painful experiences. Diane, that's awful what you went through. You poor thing. I am soaking it whenever I am sitting here. Then up on the ottoman. I did go out and worked in the garden and picked a gallon of strawberries earlier. Just had to do that. But I will be fine soon. It's just a little irritating to be so dumb. I really need to be more carefu,. But it seems like I just get hurt all the time lately.

Thank you all so much for being so nice and caring.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  06:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
This will make you laugh. I was at the fair. I love farm critters. I was giving love to all the critters. Well, one goat decided that it didn't want me to leave and pinned my hand with its head to the wall of the pen. I had a time getting my hand out. I fractured my finger. So my hubby calls it my goating accident.

Yes, I was a silly city girl!!!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  07:28:41 AM  Show Profile
I broke my right foot about 6 years ago. I was going into the Library and a couple of people were walking toward me so, to be nice I stepped off the sidewalk and into a hole hidden in the grass. My foot twisted sideways and broke the little bone in my foot that goes to my little toe. They put me in a boot for 6 weeks and I even did Girl Scout Day camp with that boot wrapped in a plastic bag. The next summer I was walking down the drive-way and there is a little drop off. I Stepped with my left foot on the drop off and twisted my foot breaking the same little bone in my left foot. Both time it happened in the middle of May just as the kids got out of school. They put me in another boot and I worked summer camp that year driving a team of Belgian Draft horses and an old wagon - wooden wheels and all - with the foot propped up on the front of the wagon. Broken bones are really a pain.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  09:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Kris! I don't know how I didn't see this! I hope your poor toe is feeling better now!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  11:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Amy, that was probably not funny at the time, was it? I had a ram accident a few years ago. When he tried to ram me again I was mad and hit him in the head, horns and all, with my right fist. That was stupid. It was swollen for a few weeks and I was in full swing milking 6 goats at the time. We have got to take better care of our hands and feet, girls!

Beth, that's the way it happens, it seems. Once it's broken it's going to happen again. Sounds like you had it all worked out though.

Alee, I am soaking in Epsom salts right now. I had to go to town to see Mrs. T. for awhile. I am waiting on Kansas to get home from school then I have to mow and til a little. I need to plant some more stuff before it rains. I can't sit here too long. There's too much to do. But my feet have never been so clean!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  04:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I have been away from MJF for a while, so sorry about your toe! I know it hurts, what a pain to go through with so much to do! All is well here, glad school is coming to an end! Maybe I can relax this summer, haha right! Anyway take care and keep soaking.

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  09:18:09 AM  Show Profile
Have never broken major bones thank goodness. Did break a tail bone though. Did that by trying to pull a crate across the floor. The rope handle snapped and I slammed straight down HARD! A friend offeered his hand and I had to just sit there for a minute or 2 or 3.

Couldn't sit straight for a week! I still get a tweak in the bum every now and again if I have been sitting in an awkward position on a hard surface

My mom broke her arm while doing missions work in Mexico. The dr. there set it in plaster and did a most excellent job. (Moms a nurse so she ought to know). A few weeks later when the American doctors put her in a soft cast, it was ironic to see it was made in Mexico!
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  1:51:52 PM  Show Profile
I have sprained my toes before-baby toe-and man that hurts hurts hurts!
I also did a slight compound fracture of my lower left leg in a freak fall in the kitchen many years ago. A permanent titanium rod was put in,and I lost a 1/2" on my right leg-I use a lift in my shoe. No fun,tender tootsies. Keep soaking & use epsom salts!

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

roseella
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

32 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  2:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh, so sorry to hear about the broken toe. I fell on the knee in my left leg the last week of '09. Broke the tibia bone and I am still limping around. The brace came off about a month ago. It certainly slows us down to break a bone.

Keep Healing,

myviewpaintingstoo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  3:34:49 PM  Show Profile
oh geez im sorry to hear that. i have two toes that ive broken and they never healed right so when i wear some shoes now they go numb. im so so sorry

Karen ^_^

www.miss2missus.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  4:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Ouch, that's alotta broken bones there girls! Geeze, we need to be more careful I think. I am soaking it again right now. I was on it most of the day today.

Ya'll be careful!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:39:19 AM  Show Profile
My husbands 80+ yr old aunt fell a week ago. She was carrying chicken noodle soup and tripped over something sending the soup flying into her sister. She laughs when she thinks of how Rose looked with the noodles in her hair. She said she is thankful she only broke her arm and not her hip which hurts. Tootsie is a remarkalbe woman who always finds the bright side to every thing.

I am so glad your able to get up and get around but take it easy. Soaking feet that sounds like what I need to do just for the fun of it.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I broke my toe. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page