kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:16:55 AM  Show Profile
last night. And it hurts. It's the little pinky toe on my right foot. And it's all bruised and puffy and it hurts. So I am feeling sorry for myself right now and mad too. I should know better than to go barefoot around here. Big dummy! I did the same thing to my left pinky toe years ago and I was working then delivering jewelry to a repair guy. SO I had to walk all over with a sock on my foot. I did get my rubber garden clog on this morning. And I am soking it every time I sit. But gosh, I have to get out there in the garden today and mulch. I can go barefoot out there.

I have never broken anything but my 2 toes and my right pinky finger. Which is crooked now. How many of you have broken anything?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Ouch. I have broken my left foot, twice. My husband broke a toe...not much you can do...stay off it and put it up when you can. Wear loose shoes. Hugs.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Ouchie! soak it in epson salts and try to put it up when you can.
I'd feel sorry for myself too =( not sure there is much to be done for a little toe.
I've broke a lot of things, but I'm kind of accident prone due to lousy eyesight.
Last thing I broke was a piece off of my left ankle bone...It took all summer to heal.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My daughter broke her little pinky toe a couple of years ago and I broke one of mine when I was itty bitty. Crazy thing never did grow right. Now I have a stub. But in high school I broke my big toe right before graduation. Talk about fun. Had it all bandaged up and had to wear heels and walk down a bunch of stairs in the stadium. Was not a pleasant experience.

Hope you feel better soon, Kris!!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Boy do I hear you on that one . . did the same thing years ago. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAINFUL!!! I don't know if you are "buddy taping" to the rest of your foot, but I found that to be the best thing for relieving the pain and helping it heal up. Took a long time for it to resolve and now, if I stub that same toe it's extra painful . . .
I'm sorry . . hurtin' feet sure can make one miserable.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Bummer----

Years ago, when I was not so MELLOW I broke my big toe in a fit of rage...I kicked what I thought was an empty grocery bag. Not! Inside was a case of diet coke. LOL!

Kristen, find yourself a good book, make a pot of tea and prop your foot up. You might as well take advantage of the down-time!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  08:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry to hear that Kris. It's so weird because my friends step brother broke his toe too. How weird is that?! I'll be praying for you deary!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  08:18:37 AM  Show Profile
well that puts a damper on your chores for sure. its the little ones that hurt aint it.lol like paper cuts. so sorry kris. hope the goaties stay in and give you a break today. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  09:08:18 AM  Show Profile
..ouchie owie!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  09:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon! I've never broken a bone, but I did sprain my ankle badly. My son broke a bone in his ankle last year and for first couple of days he was in so much pain that it broke my heart. Thankfully he's all healed and you would never know he was ever hurt.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  09:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Ya'll are so sweet. Thanks for the "poor babies". It does make it hard when I am the only one here to do anything. And I had planned on working outside in the garden. I am soaking it every chance I get and keeping it raised up. It is a bummer for sure. I remember when I chased a ball down the hill and tore a ligament in my right calf. I was taking care of my 2 little grands then by myself. I also had lots of animals to feed and care for and I could not walk at all for several days. That was way worse than this. But I am sure it will be fine. I am just feeling a little sorry for me right now. I am a clutz lately. And I know about getting mad and hurting myself also, Melody. DOne that a few too many times. One day I will learn. But this happened because I was in a hurry as usual. And barefoot.

So thank you all for the well wishes. I will be fine. Kansas will be here soon and she might help me a little.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Kris, you didn't tell me about your toe!!
I wish I lived close by to help you out.
I am sure Kansas will be a big help.
Take a load off when you can.
Gena

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:22:53 PM  Show Profile
So sorry, I know it hurts terribly. I have also broken toes, fingers, and my hand. Not all the same time, thank goodness. My fingers were broken when my brother in law slammed the door on my hand and I had to have them rebroken to cast. A broken toe is the worst, hope you heal soon!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Broke the same toe twice last year. I walked into the garage bare foot and stubbed it on the lawn mower. I said some colorful words. I had to wait for my hubby to get home from work so I could go to ER. It was black up on top of my foot.

Not six months later, I stubbed it on the crock pot someone had left under the kitchen table.

All they did was pain pills and a boot thing so I didn't hit it again. The second time pain pills. I won't take anything stronger than prescription Motrin. Anything else makes me sick and not able to go to the bathroom!!!

I feel for you.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile
I broke my arm when I was in the sixth grade. It was supposed to be music day but the teacher was absent so we had to have PE with the 7th and 8th. We were running relay races including one where we had to run backwards. I fell putting pressure on my left arm. It was a greenstick fracture and only had the caste on for four weeks. The bad part is I got the flu during the time.

I hope your toe heals fast.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  1:53:34 PM  Show Profile
I just broke mine on my left foot last week! Actually it's the two smallest toes on my foot. My son is home on leave and left his suitcase and duffel bag in the hallway. Of course, klutzy me caught my foot on the wheel. Instead of moving them, I thought I would just repeat it again the next day! HELLO!!! Will I never learn!?!?

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  2:16:28 PM  Show Profile
i've never broke anything-but i feel very very sorry for you. i hope you back on your feet quickly(ha ha) sorry couldn't help myself

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  2:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I know how that feels...Ouch!

JudyT~Illinois
Farmgirl #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at,
http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  2:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
Sorry to hear about your broken toe. Hope it is better real soon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  2:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Vicky, I guess you are worse off than me with 2 broken toes. Ouch! Are they any better this week yet?

Haha, Mary Jo! I have actually been weeding in the garden today. I did the 2 tomato rows. I am waiting for the sun to go behind the tree so I can go mulch them and pick strawberries. It's been a few days since I picked. I got almost 3 gallons 3 days ago. But I am not looking forward to that. I love the berries but hate picking them.

well, some of ya'll have had some pretty bad breaks in the past. And I know about those colorful words. Man, I can't help myself when I get hurt. I Say things I know the Lord puts His hands over His ears. Shameful. But somehow it makes it feel better faster.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
Beulaville North Carolina
USA
115 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  2:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Kristin,
I'm sorry to hear you broke your toe. I broke my little toe years ago and it was painful. Six years ago I was moving a bale of hay for the horses and forgot there was a block behind me stepped back down I went and broke my left arm next to my wrist, was in a cast for six weeks. thank goodness I'm right handed. Just prop your foot up and take it easy. I'll be praying for you.

Shirley

The distance between friends is never too far
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  3:09:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Shirley. And of course I have already whacked it again trying to get to the phone. I will several more times too. It always happens. That's a fear of mine, falling and breaking an arm or leg. My DDs and I were getting hay last week and had to stack it pretty high in the barn at my friend's. We were making the steps with the hay so we could get higher and I almost fell a few times. I can't hardly handle that being up so high. Too scary. So I bet you are very careful now!

kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  3:20:52 PM  Show Profile
OUCH! Feel better Kristin! Broken toes are painful!!! Be good to yourself.

Hugs.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  3:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh you poor dear !
I know how it hurts
I broke my right foot once
and my tail bone year before last
so, I know your pain and then some lol
Hugs and prayers for soon recovery. hugs sheila

http://www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com/

http://www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  4:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kris, I am so sorry. . . that is very painful! Keep off it whenever possible and know I am thinking of you. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  4:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Ouch!!! I guess I have been pretty lucky. I only broke 7 of my 8 fingers. My thumbs & toes are still OK. I didn't break them all at the same time. I had them shut in a car door, 3X's you would think I would of learned after the first time. I fell out of a tree 1 X. I was swinging off a rope and the rope broke so did 1 finger and my head, that took a a few stiches. I walked between 2 guys fighting and I got hit fell into a door, walked into class and put my head down the teacher walked over and told me to sit up then I did I took my hand off my head and it was full of blood so she sent me to the nurses station 3 stories down and I fell down the last few steps and when someone walked out the nurses door my finger got caught onder the door and broke, Oh I can't even tell you how many times I broke or jammed them playing baseball. Thank God they all work and only are slightly crooked.

Kristen, I hope you feel better soon. I haven't broke anything in over 25 years and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't ever break anything else.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I broke my toe. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page